Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hang and hunt option

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Never thought about this as an option. I use a climber. I hang and hunt Millennium/LW stick combo. I've seen tree saddles but never really liked the idea. This might be a nice option. I plan on doing some KY public land hunting in the next few years until I find a property to buy down there. Not sure I will implement this, but it is an idea I don't think we have covered here.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I’ve got a saddle set up that I’ve had for years. I loved it back in the day and still would if I had the ambition to screw steps into trees. I used to utilize it to hang heavy hang on stands too. It made that job safe and much easier. They are far more comfortable than you’d first imagine too.

Reactions: bowhunter1023

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Mark Kenyon has been pumping these back up lately. I love Brock's idea of using them to hang stands as much as I do not packing in a stand to hunt.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Never tried one myself, but it just seems like they'd be a little restrictive. I don't know... Maybe not. I just like to be able to stand up straight when I'm in a tree. I would certainly have to try a saddle before I'd ever buy one.

This year I made the switch from the Millennium to a Lone Wolf Alpha. Easier/faster/quieter to hang, lighter to carry, and seemingly quieter in the tree as well. I do love the comfort of a millennium style seat, but these days I find that I stand more than I sit, so it's a moot point. The LW stands are also molded to comform to the LW sticks, so they pack in really nice and solid.

Reactions: bowhunter1023

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I never felt confined in mine. I’m far from athletic anymore, but always felt like a monkey while using the saddle. It is impossible to fall once your strapped in. No fear whatsoever so to me it was very freeing. Swing around and shoot wherever you want.