Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Have you heard?

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
giphy (1).gif
103187.jpeg

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
I won't keep you guys too long. I was fortunate enough to get a shot a a nice one. This was the first time all season I had my wife drop my daughter off at the sitters so I could do a morning hunt before work. Got settled in shortly after 6 hunting a wind from a stand that totally wrong. But Nate and I have been covered up in big bucks for weeks back there. I smoked up real good this morning and it helped. At daybreak, I had a really tall, heavy racked bruiser cruise by at 80 yards down wind. He smelled my smoke and evercalm and never really cared. He was scent checking scrapes. All was quiet til 8 when a doe walked past my stand at 28 yards and headed to a thicket to my west. About 8:30 i had a six point running laps around the field and i rattled up a busted 8 point. They both headed to the thicket. At 8:50 they both started running that doe to the east through my strip im in. They disappeared but as i kept watching, I see a big boy coming along the exact footsteps that doe took an hour earlier. He stopped just behind some limbs. I drew and as he started walking, he cleared and I touched the release. I hit him a bit high and back but caught the dorsal aorta with the rage chisel tip. It immediately just gushed blood 5 feet through the air. He spun and ran hard back the way he came. I knew he didn't go far. I climbed down and it was a crime scene the 100 yards he made it. He's a dang nice 11point that Nate had an encounter with Friday Night. This sorta ends my season except taking Greyson out, which im more excited to do.
IMG_4566.jpg
20191107_095825_001.jpg
20191107_095638.jpg
20191107_092244.jpg
20191107_092209.jpg
20191107_094946.jpg