Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Heading north to Wisconsin

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Here towards the end of next week the wife,daughter, and granddaughter will be making a pilgrimage to northern Wisconsin for my first ever out of state deer hunt.

I know I've shared with a few of you via text and P.M. about meeting my biological family earlier this year.. For those of you that don't know the backside to this story here it is. I was adopted when I was 1 yr old. I was always raised knowing I was adopted and that my biological mother did it because she loved me,, and she knew at 16 yrs old she couldn't give me the life she thought i deserved. Fast forward 42 yrs and this past mothers day I got to speak to my biological mother for the first time. I still have a hard time wrapping my whole head around it.

So we are going to go up for a visit and the Wisconsin gun opener. Should be pretty productive. They have 40 acres of woods to hunt that is about 20 minutes from their house. They also have about 1500 acres of county owned public land that but right up against their property where their house is at. So getting on deer shouldn't be a problem. Super excited as this will be the first time I get to share the outdoors with my Mom, stepdad, sisters and my little brother. Even if I don't harvest a Wisconsin giant, the memories created will be better than any mount I could put on the wall.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Well have made into the state. There is still a little over 4 hours of driving left. We left at 10 last night and I drove all the way till now. Becky is taking over and I'm gonna try and get a little rest.

Never really been big into gun hunting whitetails. Out of all the deer I've harvested in my life only 1 has been with a gun, and that was a 16 gage shotgun. So I figured it'd be cool I'd bring up Austin's 45-7]0 and get my first rifle kill with my sons gun
20201118_061812.jpg
. The way I understand the rules buying my gun license allows me to harvest 1 antlers and 1 antlers deer.

The other cool part is I got confirmation that my sister from Kentucky is making the trip up too. So even though we've all met, this will be the first time we will all be under the same roof at the same time. This is just too fucking cool right now. Will be sure to keep you guys posted.