Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Heres a new one for you.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member

Here's one for you xbow guys.

• Wow
Reactions: CJD3 and Mike

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I wonder how long before the industry pressures the legislature to amend the ORC to read "Crossbow and arrow(s).

(C) Hunting implements
(1) Archery
(a) It shall be unlawful for any person to hunt deer with any archery equipment except:
(i) A longbow and arrow.
(ii) Crossbow and arrow having a working safety and a stock twenty-five inches or longer. Cocking levers and other cocking devices may be used on crossbows.

Fletch

Supporting Member
TOO much to go wrong... And Xcaliburs main selling point is simplcity...

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I definitely like it as a personal stealth home defense weapon. Not so much for hunting tho, but I admit, I have missed with my first arrow on a deer and was able to successfully arrow the same deer with my second utilizing my compound, and I've done that more than once throughout my compound bow hunts. Obviously, the goal is one shot, one kill, but shit does happen and I get the idea.

I bet they'll do well selling them.

Reactions: Dannmann801
It appears that Excalibur is running their recurve limb crossbows too hard, in an attempt to keep up with the advanced compound crossbows. The recurve limbs are louder, but offer the simplicity of limbs and a string. :unsure: I can't imagine a 4 limbed, recurve limb crossbow at $2K+.

I just ordered a Raven R10, because of the compact design, performance specs and overall reputation. :cool: I expect all of those features, if I'm paying $1K+. Delivery is expected by this weekend. I intend to finish out the deer season with it.

Bowhunter57