Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Honda Pioneer???

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Anyone have one? I’m going to drive down to KY to look at a 2020 model tomorrow evening. I don’t know anyone that owns one locally. Seems everyone I know has a Ranger... any good/bad reports?
C305C886-CE59-4E4E-A871-572CB3B38F06.png

NAC1989

Clark county
A longtime family friend has 2 of the 700’s. One he leaves at his getaway house in Michigan and one he keeps at his house here in Ohio. I’ve put some hours on the one he has up in Michigan driving around the backroads when we go up for our fishing trips and I love that damn thing, my only gripe with it is that it doesn’t have power steering but I’m pretty sure the newer models do. I’m not sure what year it is but I do know it’s older. He hasn’t had a single issue with it since he’s had it. I’d buy one in heartbeat if I could justify it lol but my little gator does all I need for the time being.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Brock, I didn't realize initially that was a 700, so it has a 3 speed transmission. Not sure what all you intend to use it for, but a 1000 may be better suited for you depending on your needs. Thing is, a 1000 is going to cost you several thousand more. Just food for thought.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Thanks, Greg. I have no intention of doing any work aside from delivering corn to deer. Lol. I could probably get by with a golf cart if I painted flames on the side. 😁
The 700 should be fine then! The manual transmission is great. Really cuts down on the engine noise since you can run at a lower rpm the majority of the time. Enjoy!