Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hortontoter Goes Hunting 2020

As some of you know I had a very hectic summer. We sold our home and are now living in Portage County with our daughter and SIL. So far things have worked out very well, which is not a surprise. We finally have our living quarters the way we want them for the most part.

I had hoped to have a new truck by deer season, I did accomplish that at least. Found the truck I wanted in Dayton and worked with a local dealership to purchase it. Took a while to get the deal done, but it was worth the wait.

P1010998.JPG
I've had very little time to get a lot done in Carroll County this summer. I did keep up with mowing and general maintenance at least. I'll be getting some shooting lanes trimmed sometime this week. I'm hoping to hunt on Friday or Saturday. Very few shooters on my cameras this summer, but I do have a couple to make things interesting.

I'll post my mishaps, blunders, adventures and hopefully a bit of success as it goes down this fall.

I sold all four of my Hortons in the last couple weeks. But, I'm sticking with my screen name regardless.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Always enjoyable to see your posts. Hopefully the season is a good one for you. Nice looking ride.

I don't mind at all. I purchased a Wicked Ridge Warrior G3 a couple years ago. I hung on to three Hortons that had all gave me great service over the past 15+ years. Early in the season in 2018 I was sitting in my box blind and saw a crack in the limb of my Warrior. I said to myself "glad I kept my Hortons". I went to Hunters Outlet that afternoon and in less than 15 minutes walked out with a new set of limbs and sighed back in.

I kept the Hortons through last season and made up my mind I really didn't need them as back ups. All three were basically Yukon SL style xbows. I'm confident in my Warrior and now live only a couple miles from Hunters Outlet and the TenPoint factory.