Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How Often Do You Carry.

How often.

• It's always in my Truck

• Only when going somewhere sketchy

• Rarely ever

• You know I keep that thang on me.

• Everywhere but at work

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Me personally, I put it in the nightstand safe at night and put it back in my holster right after putting on my belt on each morning. I don't think a waking hour goes by that I'm not carrying. WFH makes that easier also.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have one in my nightstand, one in my regular day bag, and one in my truck. I carry on my person about 50% of the time when I'm around home, 100% of the time I'm in a place unfamiliar to me.

Reactions: Dustinb80
Apparently, not often enough, according to a State Trooper that stopped me for not giving a turn signal. It was late and he was "fishing" for DUI drivers. 🙄

When I showed him my driver's license he seen my CCW permit and he asked if I was carrying. I said, "Nope. If I was, I would've told you when you walked up."
He replied, "Why not?"
I said, "I was at a place where I didn't think I needed it. Plus, the clothes I'm wearing are too tight to hide a firearm."
He said, "You don't get to pick, when the bad guys are going to hit you. If you have it, you should be carrying."
I agreed with him and he let me go. :cool:

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Apparently, not often enough, according to a State Trooper that stopped me for not giving a turn signal. It was late and he was "fishing" for DUI drivers. 🙄

When I showed him my driver's license he seen my CCW permit and he asked if I was carrying. I said, "Nope. If I was, I would've told you when you walked up."
He replied, "Why not?"
I said, "I was at a place where I didn't think I needed it. Plus, the clothes I'm wearing are too tight to hide a firearm."
He said, "You don't get to pick, when the bad guys are going to hit you. If you have it, you should be carrying."
I agreed with him and he let me go. :cool:
So quit wearing skinny jeans

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
So quit wearing skinny jeans
9183C946-151A-4D7E-A85E-4D792F224FB8.jpeg

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm like Jesse... 50% of the time if I'm around home or in a familiar place, and 100% of the time when in an unfamiliar place. That being said, the wildcard is whether it's me by myself or I'm with my family. When I'm out somewhere with my family, I'm carrying almost 100% of the time, regardless of where we're at.

I keep a full size pistol in the nightstand beside my bed with 17+1 and a light/laser combo. My carry gun normally stays hidden in a secret place near my front door... That way it's easy to get to when I'm heading out the door, and also there at the ready if I'm caught off-guard by someone.

I have a 9mm pistol AR that I want to eventually rig up to keep in my truck. I just haven't made it a priority for some reason. I know... Shame on me.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I need to do a better job of it. Always when hunting or working on properties. It’s in my truck a lot and always near in house (not where my son can get to it). However, not nearly often enough into stores and such. I work from home most of the time - so it’s always close but I need to get back in habit of carrying when I go out, more.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Plus, the clothes I'm wearing are too tight to hide a firearm

95% of the time I'm carrying OWB anymore and could give a shit less about printing. Hell, half the time my shirt rides up behind my gun and I don't even notice that I've been open carrying until that night. 😅. The average person isn't situationally aware enough to even notice it under a shirt much less think it's a firearm. If they even notice it at all it could be a phone, leatherman, or even a colostomy bag.

On some occasions I carry IWB but that's pretty rare, I got tired of my firearm or holster digging in my side. My kimber is pretty slim and I would simply tuck a pocket holster in my strong side waistband but it would still be noticeable to me. I got an OWB holster from 1791 gun leather and couldn't be more happier or comfortable.
20221025_192833.jpg

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
95% of the time I'm carrying OWB anymore and could give a shit less about printing. Hell, half the time my shirt rides up behind my gun and I don't even notice that I've been open carrying until that night. 😅. The average person isn't situationally aware enough to even notice it under a shirt much less think it's a firearm. If they even notice it at all it could be a phone, leatherman, or even a colostomy bag.

On some occasions I carry IWB but that's pretty rare, I got tired of my firearm or holster digging in my side. My kimber is pretty slim and I would simply tuck a pocket holster in my strong side waistband but it would still be noticeable to me. I got an OWB holster from 1791 gun leather and couldn't be more happier or comfortable.
View attachment 164560
Where do you keep your poop