Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Help How TOO.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I wanted to create a thread for questions that people may have for using the board features. If you need help just ask.

Reactions: Isaacorps

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Since the update: On my cellphone, I used to poke a picture then quickly hit the down arrow to download.
Now if I do the same thing, the arrow is there but smaller and different, and only works part of the time.
I get a lot of "failed to download" messages.

Basically I'm having a hard time downloading pictures since the update.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Getting a lot of these

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210107-212432.png
    Screenshot_20210107-212432.png
    191.8 KB · Views: 161

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Since the update: On my cellphone, I used to poke a picture then quickly hit the down arrow to download.
Now if I do the same thing, the arrow is there but smaller and different, and only works part of the time.
I get a lot of "failed to download" messages.

Basically I'm having a hard time downloading pictures since the update.

I'll poke around and see. I tested a couple and haven't had an issue. Let me know specifically what ones you're having an issue with and if the same one fails every time or if it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't for that specific picture.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Joe, here are screenshots of a couple of pics in the nothing thread that failed to download. I'll try to get a screenshot of the failure message if I can

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210107-215725.png
    Screenshot_20210107-215725.png
    439.8 KB · Views: 149
  • Screenshot_20210107-215214.png
    Screenshot_20210107-215214.png
    488.7 KB · Views: 144

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
I hit the square in the middle/top and it pops up a window to post a pic. It ask me where to find the pic or take one. After choosing pic, it loads and on the bottom it has a size. Click on it and it will resize it for me. I’ve found medium is best.
For the record this pic is not rotated as are my dinner pics. Haven’t figured that out yet.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Here's a screenshot that catches the message about failure to download

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210107-220120.png
    Screenshot_20210107-220120.png
    317.1 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Reactions: MoonLab

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Here's a screenshot that catches the message about failure to download

Strange. I can download them ok. what happens if without opening them you pres and hold the image, does it give you a message to download it?

Are you downloading to you phone or to your google drive? I ask because the error isn't a too error but looks to be google. Also I noticed it says in your notification that 24/7 threat protection is on. Can you try disabling that and try to download again? Don;t forget to re enable.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
@triple_duece

Try something out for me. Shooting in the dark here. I think the Small / medium / large thing you spoke of might be something to do with the phone. I've never seen that before so lets try something.

Make two posts below using the same image that loaded sideways in the dinner thread.

1st post. Upload "medium" like you have been. submit it.
2nd post Upload "full or original or whatever its called" and submit that.

The forum has code that reads image EXIF data and orients photos correctly. In my reading I think that resizing it on the phone strips that data before it uploads to the forum. If the data is stripped by the phone during the resize then it's going to be wrong.

Last edited: