Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting license fees

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
83B72212-889C-4282-B43C-D1BC9FADF379.jpeg

New 3,5,10 year and lifetime licenses.....

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I just can't commit to those savings. I'll pay to play yearly until there's a reasonable discount. I'm not old so to speak, but certainly not getting any younger.

You can save $2.92 on a 3 year license. Accounting for a projected 3% inflation rate per year for the next 3 years your actual savings would be about $1.21 vs buying yearly. You would see a better return on investment over 3 years by paying the 19 bucks this year and putting the 35.08 into a roth ira.

Jamie

Ohio
I cannot fathom what the ODNR is hoping to accomplish with this. that fee schedule is a fucking joke unless you are 20 years old when you buy a lifetime license, that is. it would seem like a better idea to prorate the lifetime resident license fees based on a persons age.

Reactions: RedCloud

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I cannot fathom what the ODNR is hoping to accomplish with this. that fee schedule is a fucking joke unless you are 20 years old when you buy a lifetime license, that is. it would seem like a better idea to prorate the lifetime resident license fees based on a persons age.

They're billing it as the convenience factor. Because lord knows 3 minutes on my phone and take a screenshot once per year is such a hassle. I wasted more time than that yesterday looking at chicks twerking with googly eyes on their ass.

I will say that if I take a job in another state and move I'll be purchasing one because it's highly likely I'll be back to hunt. 3 years of coming back for strouds would break even over having to buy a NR license.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The only purpose is to get more money today.

But I don't believe they even get access to it right away. I think its put in a general fund and distributed over the years. I think it's because license sales have dropped and continue to do so with no signs of rebound despite all the tricks like a bonus gun season and rifles. I think it's a get them now because there not guaranteed tomorrow type thing.

Reactions: Mike

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
They're billing it as the convenience factor. Because lord knows 3 minutes on my phone and take a screenshot once per year is such a hassle. I wasted more time than that yesterday looking at chicks twerking with googly eyes on their ass.

I will say that if I take a job in another state and move I'll be purchasing one because it's highly likely I'll be back to hunt. 3 years of coming back for strouds would break even over having to buy a NR license.
Got a link for that? Asking for BC