Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting Season and the Corona Virus???

Fletch

Supporting Member
With the month of May fastly approaching it will be interesting to see how states like Illinois and Iowa handle permit applications which usually begin in May.. With all that's going on I wonder how outfitters will handle it... I have 5 preference points in Iowa and was hoping to go there along with Illinois....

Reactions: triple_duece

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
With the month of May fastly approaching it will be interesting to see how states like Illinois and Iowa handle permit applications which usually begin in May.. With all that's going on I wonder how outfitters will handle it... I have 5 preference points in Iowa and was hoping to go there along with Illinois....
Poach -z- just fun n

Fletch

Supporting Member
Cancel it all. Traveling to hunt trophies isn’t essential.
Bite your tongue boy... I missed last year's hunt... I would be a very pissed off camper if I don't go this year...

Bigcountry40

I wish considering going up to Michigan to the in laws cabin for turkey season, with all the madness going on up there I don't know if its a good idea.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Being involved with Safari Club I‘ve been hearing things that this is about as bad for outfitters and guides as it is for restaurants, cruises, and airlines. People are canceling all overseas trips now and even many North American hunts for fall. Some people are rescheduling for next year but that’s not always possible.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Good luck, our stay at home orders don't even allow residents to go to their cabins as it's deemed unnecessary travel. Keep in mind our #'s are over 25K with Covid as you pass through the Detroit area.
Those aren't laws. They weren't passed by a legislature. Just ordered by a governor. They wouldn't hold up in the judicial system

rooster85

Lake County
I hunt multiple states most years, have a couple western hunts planned for this fall and I’ll be making those hunts. The usual PA,NY and local hunts probably won’t happen though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those aren't laws. They weren't passed by a legislature. Just ordered by a governor. They wouldn't hold up in the judicial system

Might be right in theory but I think under a national emergency declaration I don't think it would pan out well. About the only thing they seem to be enforcing though is the no motor boating. $1000 fine for those that want to argue the legality of the orders. Good luck if ya go!

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Put in for tags in Kansas. Let’s just say I’m going w my essential badge or not. Missouri is a good bet also.

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Might be right in theory but I think under a national emergency declaration I don't think it would pan out well. About the only thing they seem to be enforcing though is the no motor boating. $1000 fine for those that want to argue the legality of the orders. Good luck if ya go!

No motorboating???? The outrage!

motorboat.jpg

Reactions: Sgt Fury and giles

Fletch

Supporting Member
Even though I have a farm to hunt on in Southern Iowa, I'd still have to get a motel and eat out every night... So with this virus, I'll skip Iowa this year... However I'll go to Illinois as I have my own bed and meals are at my friend's house.. Just cant stop at Casey's everyday for pizza...

Reactions: triple_duece

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I have motel reservations for the fall in Ohio but am wondering if they will even be open. Right now they are closed...would’ve messed up my spring turkey season with the motels closed but my shoulder surgery took care of that before the virus hit. May have to check out renting a cabin if they are open but that could be expensive.

Fletch

Supporting Member
I have motel reservations for the fall in Ohio but am wondering if they will even be open. Right now they are closed...would’ve messed up my spring turkey season with the motels closed but my shoulder surgery took care of that before the virus hit. May have to check out renting a cabin if they are open but that could be expensive.
Definately sucks... I'm sure by Oct. Nov motels may be open. I think I'd see if there are any bed and breakfast places close as they may have less people going through therefore less chance of picking this shit up....

Reactions: Sgt Fury