Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Huntress Mikki

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Mikki seemed to come out of nowhere. She is 7 (almost 8) and the daughter to one of Joys friends. It all started when she asked what my stuffed black coyotes name was? WTF? Here she was fascinated with my mounts and the desire was building. She soon pointed to one of the deer and said "I want one of those". When I asked her if she could shoot a deer, her eyes lit up and sparkled like it was Christmas! (Knowing this little girls background, I knew she deserved all this and more!) A real friendship was born right there and then.

thumbnail (3).jpg

I took her out into the driveway and started her off with a Parker Challenger Crossbow. She only shot 3 times that day (And shot my Harley Shed on the first try :ROFLMAO:) But settled down and hit the target the other 2 times.

thumbnail.jpg

Next visit to our house she shot several times and started getting better used to the bow and shooting.

thumbnail (1).jpg...thumbnail (2).jpg

I had all my Grandsons outgrown hunting clothes so it was time to see what we had ~~ everything seemed to fit her or was a little big which was good news!

thumbnail (8).jpg

We then went on to shoot some more and it was all coming together fast.

thumbnail (5).jpg......thumbnail (6).jpg

The excitement in this little girl is amazing.

Last edited:

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Off to the stand we went for our first hunt together.

thumbnail (4).jpg

Mikki got to see 7 doe and a buck that evening. One doe was 4 yards from the stand and Mikkis excitement said it all! The buck was close but kept a bush between us (10 yds!) Sheesh!

Mikki went home and made me this FABULOUS Thank You Card for helping her out.

thumbnail (9).jpg

Mikki now cannot wait for her next hunt! I need to get her in a blind to hide her movement better.

I do believe you will be seeing Big Things out of this little girl. Just wanted you all to know more about her and how all this was born. If she shoots my buck, all the better! She deserves it and more.