Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hurricane Ida.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I saw that we're talking about it in the Louisiana thread but figured I'd start one so we can update it as this thing comes ashore.

@triple_duece so far it looks like you're just outside the cone of uncertainty and it tracked a little further west. We both know It doesn't take much of a wobble out in the gulf for either of us to take a direct hit though.

I marked both of our locations on a map to give a visual to everyone. Nick is the western dot.

20210828_120354.jpg

I'm not taking any chances and just finished up getting the shutters up and everything squared away. Genny and chainsaw tested and kids pool and tubs are filled with water. If this thing makes a turn we'll be throwing the guns and valuables in the truck and hauling out. Highway 90 and 10 eastbound here is already clogged almost to a standstill with evacuation traffic from Louisiana. We'll probably head NNW if need be. You can't tell from the pic but if you look across the road between my neighbor's houses that's the gulf 3/4 mile across the coastal marsh from our house. The house was just getting built when Katrina hit. The surge got in the front yard but not in the house.

20210828_121411.jpg

All buttoned up.

20210828_114842.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Good Luck Joe and Nick.... Right now the winters are looking pretty good to me...

Such is life. I have found there's a tradeoff no matter where you live. Earlier this week my wife and I took off down the coast. Since school started back the tourists have left and we pretty much had the beaches to ourselves. Closest I'll ever get to owning a private beach. 😆

20210826_190018.jpg

20210826_190356.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The previous two track points showed it making a northerly curve and I was starting to worry more. As I was watching they updated it and it's tracking back NW again. It's so touch and go with these storms.

20210828_190012.jpg

@triple_duece they're saying it should lose power pretty quick after landfall. It looks like you guys are just inside the 56-74mph wind band.

Screenshot_20210828-190743_AccuWeather.jpg

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Weather channel just showed the highway in Slidell that was bumper to bumper earlier today…it’s clear now. They also showed a live pic of Hwy 10 in Alabama and at 11:50 at night it was still very congested. Lots of people getting out of the way of this storm.