Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I heard the wind blowing

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
And it told me that someone killed a buck..... and it,s not Robert!!!

13136.jpeg

PSE13

Shelby
Hey everyone I was the lucky one this time! I had just hind this stand two weeks ago and decided to hunt it this morning after the wife suggesting I go to this spot. I had been seeing a lot of deer this morning. Was waiting on a lonesome doe or shooter buck to stroll through. Finally a lone doe come in and offers a broadside shot at 30 yards. Confident in my shooting I took a shot and went right under her. Luckily she didn’t spook and just walked off calm as could be. Was kinda bummed but I know things like this happen. So I knocked another arrow and continued my sit. 15 minuets later I look up and see this guy headed toward me down the same path as the doe. I knew then it was my chance to redeem myself. I drew back and waited for the right time. Finally he stopped broadside at 30 yards and I let it fly. The shot looked great and even had a good thud sound. I was confident it was a good shot. I watch as he just stands there and slowly walks up the hill 15 yards and lays down. I was think what just happened?? Now I’m nervous as ever. I stay in my stand and keep watching. I see a lone doe come in the woods and go over to him. He try’s to get up twice and keeps falling down. A million things are running through my mind as I replay the shot in my head. Finally the doe leaves and he doesn’t try to get up anymore. I continued to sit in my stand for another hour until another doe showed up and started stomping at this buck. I notice no reaction from the buck and doe finally leaves. After sitting in my stand watching for two hours I decide to check things out. I approached with caution but in my favor he was dead!
Even with a great placed shot I never have seen a deer react that way. I’m super happy to have harvested this buck and happy to share it with you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk