Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

In Memoriam

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Some of you know my dad passed away last Friday, we buried him today and it was a rough one but I know he is at peace now as his heart was wore out. Mom and Dad would have been married 60 years next month. I can't ever recall Dad having to say a bad thing about anybody his whole life, he was just a good down to earth man.
I thought this could be a good thread for us to post pics of our dads,grandpa's or someone else that's passed on that may have inspired us to love the outdoors.
Here are a few pics of my Dad and one of my Grandpa...they are the main reason I love the outdoors so much...my Grandpa, Dad and my Dads best friend Ron were ate up with coon hunting when I was growing up and we spent many nights out running dogs with them from the time I was age 5 on up.
As I got older my best friend Kevin and I continued chasing them many nights during season what an adventure those nights were.
Dad also enjoyed trapping, mushroom hunting, digging ginseng and farming.
The one picture with him is with one of the biggest coyotes I caught several years ago that weighed 60#. Thing was huge.
I am gonna miss him but will sure remember some great adventures we had over the years. RIP Pops love you.
20210219_103151.jpg
20210219_102929.jpg
20210219_102732.jpg
20210219_102719.jpg
20210217_141218.jpg
Screenshot_20210213-024921_Gallery.jpg
20210217_132611.jpg
20210217_132726.jpg
20210219_102920.jpg
20210217_123423.jpg

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
So sorry again for your huge loss Brian but just know he’s resting in peace now and did it right and lived it right while he was here. Thoughts and prayers to him and his/your entire family and continue to cherish all those great memories with him. Thanks for sharing those photos!🙏

Fletch

Supporting Member
Brtian... So sorry to hear of your Dads passing.... May he rest in peace... Sounds like you guys spent alot of quality time in the outdoors.... Now that hes gone remember those good times and forever keep him in your heart... My Dad passed back in 1992 and from time to time I'll go sit in one of his favorite spots and just reflect on somes of the times we shared lunch there... I got him started late on spring turkeys but boy he sure loved hearing the woods come alive and hearing a distance gobble...I remember him asking me if I got his turkey permit the last time he was in the hospital... Before turkey season he passed....You'll find yourself thinking of him alot when your out in the woods.... Last time out I saw a set of fox tracks in the snow and wondered out loud: What do you think Dad, a red or grey??? Dads are the best.... The road ahead will get easier but those memories will be forever etched in your brain and he'll always be looking over you... Prayers being said for him and you and your family.....

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Great tribute Brian. You and your family crossed my mind today. I know it was a rough day for your family. All a man can hope for when leaving this world is a legacy left to his children, he did that. I don’t know the rest of your family, but I do know he left this world proud of the son he left behind. You’re a good man Brian, and your dad knew that.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My Dad passed July of 2017. As you can see, him and Mom are my profile pic. They leave a big void when they pass, but they never leave you. You just don't get the luxury of talking to them in person anymore. I didn't know your dad, but you are a direct reflection on him. Brock nailed it. I can't say it any better than he did. Knowing you tells me your Pops was a fine man. He did great in raising you. You have my number if you need to bend an ear. Lord knows I can talk. I have the ability to listen too though. Hang in there buddy. I'm sorry for your loss.