Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Invasion of the Turkey Snatchers.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Wanted to start a thread to share in the turkey hunting adventures that @TripleA88 and I have each year. For those that know us it's usually pretty entertaining. We like to get it done but we also have a lot of fun. Alex counted them up while we were in Kentucky and in the 8 years we've hunted together we've managed 20 birds in a county that only produces 15-20 birds total each year.

We roosted three this morning in an old faithful spot. Two Tom's and what sounded to be a Jake. One tom probably gobbled 100 times on his own before fly down. If today was next Monday we'd be finishing up breakfast at Bob Evan's by now with a dead bird in the truck.

For now I'll leave you with a harvest pic from last year.
Screenshot_20180517-122259.png

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Lol, these are great. I'm all kinds of peanut butter and jelly that hunting can be this fun. I look forward to killing a bird someday.

I think Nate and I are gonna step into this thing called fun soon...

Oh dont get me wrong gentlemen, theres plenty of suck that accompanies this fun. Getting up at 4:30 for days on end, birds that dont cooperate, blown oportunities, and a miss or two sprinkled in. We don't park where we hunt unless the vehicle is completely hidden from view which leads to some long walks. Being in a county with so few birds killed and being successful year after year makes us go to great lengths to hide where we hunt. Our vehicles are known to the locals so we dont take any chances. You just have to stay persistent and embrace the suck. But theres no better feeling when a plan comes together and you settle that bead on that big blue and white head. At that moment as you start to apply pressure to the trigger it clicks "game over asshole"

Isaacorps

Columbus
Oh dont get me wrong gentlemen, theres plenty of suck that accompanies this fun. Getting up at 4:30 for days on end, birds that dont cooperate, blown oportunities, and a miss or two sprinkled in. You just have to stay persistent and embrace the suck. But theres no better feeling when a plan comes together and you settle that bead on that big blue and white head. At that moment as you start to apply pressure to the trigger it clicks "game over asshole"
This!

TripleA88

*Supporting Member*
Wheres the espn magizine covers Joe?

Im still the heavy weight turkey hunting champ, i got a picture of myself with the belt and with joe and travis somewhere. Havent shot a jake since 2015. Holding strong. Once i got my belt back i got sponsored by monster energy, so i had to put a sticker on my gun.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Wheres the espn magizine covers Joe?

Im still the heavy weight turkey hunting champ, i got a picture of myself with the belt and with joe and travis somewhere. Havent shot a jake since 2015. Holding strong. Once i got my belt back i got sponsored by monster energy, so i had to put a sticker on my gun.

Not sure where that magazine cover is. Here is the day you lost the jake belt to Travis.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461422831.485032.jpg