Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Iowa_Buckeye's 2018 pics

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
We have some feeders out to concentrate deer for pics.
Here are a few from the first pull of the year. Now the game begins of trying to figure out where they are from last year.

IMG_0217.jpg
IMG_0247 (2).jpg
IMG_0492.jpg
IMG_0538.jpg
IMG_0554.jpg
IMG_1137.jpg
IMG_2043.jpg

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
Great start. Why the side by side feeders?

Because my dumb-ass hunting buddy and the landowner are caught up in the marketing of supplemental feeding of wild deer.... So one feeder has corn, and the other is filled with AntlerMax. Complete waste of their money, but oh well, they are convinced we are gonna have bigger deer!!!

If you look at the ingredients, AntlerMax actually has less protein than soybeans.

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
I don't think the feeders actually 'draw' deer as some on the farm never even visit them. They may visit the salt lick 20 yards away, but never hit the feeder.
Deer don't move far this time of year anyhow. We have learned over the years many of the bucks spend their summer time just across the gravel in the big ag fields, and don't hit our cams till the velvet comes off.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
I get that but around our place the neighbor puts out a ridiculous amount of corn and protein pellets year round. He has all the mature bucks “trained” to feed on him. Our property line is about 200 yards from one of his stations in the same hollow. He has 150”+ bucks all year that never get caught on our place at the corn, food plots or scrapes. It makes no sense and is extremely frustrating. When I say a ridiculous amount I really mean a RIDICULOUS amount. He started selling hunts last year.

Isaacorps

Columbus
I get that but around our place the neighbor puts out a ridiculous amount of corn and protein pellets year round. He has all the mature bucks “trained” to feed on him. Our property line is about 200 yards from one of his stations in the same hollow. He has 150”+ bucks all year that never get caught on our place at the corn, food plots or scrapes. It makes no sense and is extremely frustrating. When I say a ridiculous amount I really mean a RIDICULOUS amount. He started selling hunts last year.

Damn, that sucks [emoji53]