Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Its called Parenting...

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
318137_433622349996205_282212337_n.jpg

To tell the truth, I stole it from Sam.
Thanks.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Just found out today that the state even frowns on "time outs". You can only put a child in time out for a number of minutes equal to their age. 4 years old = 4 minutes. 8 years old = 8 minutes...

We wonder why kids are so out of control.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Shoot I can member when I was put into time out for a week at a time. It was called grounded with zero privileges, and that was after he whore his belt out on my rearend.

Huckleberry Finn

Just found out today that the state even frowns on "time outs". You can only put a child in time out for a number of minutes equal to their age. 4 years old = 4 minutes. 8 years old = 8 minutes...

We wonder why kids are so out of control.

Did you hear that Riverdude? Go take a two hour nap!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I dont remember hearing about any school shootings back when my Dad whopped my *** for doing something I knew was wrong!

Amen too that.... I didn't have too whack the kids much I can count on one hand for the both of them but they spent a lot of time alone in their rooms and they hated that more.... never had any real problems out of either of them.... but they knew the rules and what came with breaking them....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Amen too that.... I didn't have too whack the kids much I can count on one hand for the both of them but they spent a lot of time alone in their rooms and they hated that more.... never had any real problems out of either of them.... but they knew the rules and what came with breaking them....

That is just the thing though J. You found out what was effective for them and implemented it. I can assure you all three of ours have penalties which work and don't work. Make mention of grounding my 10yr old daughter from her Kindle Fire and she is walking the straight and narrow. Raise your voice at my 8yr old son and he knows he better shape it up or a spanking is coming. Our 11yr old nephew. . . well, we are still working on him. Currently, the spankings have proven to be effective. Removing all privileges, picking up dog poop or sticks in the yard, extra homework assignments, time outs, extra chores. . . we have tried them all. I think the biggest thing is consistency. Sure, the kids will screw up. I know I did. Consistent discipline and keeping on them is the main thing I think. Those allowed to run wild are the tough ones. Monster Raxx nailed it when mentioning school shootings. I sure don't remember any, but I remember Mom and Dad lighting up my butt as well as the school principal a couple times.