Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I've heard things

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
So I hear rumors of things leaking blood. . .

Attachments

• 39421.jpeg
    39421.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 89
  • 39428.jpeg
    39428.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 85
  • 39429.jpeg
    39429.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 87

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
It was me. Went out this morning on my own property. Haven't really been out much just a few times. Got to the stand about 15 minutes late. Had a buck standing under the stand on my clover strip and bumped him back into the woods. Didn't get a real good look at him. Got into stand anyhow. Corn to the north of me and my woods to the south and west. Im on the northeast corner of my property and on the inside corner of neighboring woods to the east. Had a few squirrels moving around me. At 840 I text Mallory to see if she was seeing any where she was hunting. She replied back that she had seen 1 doe. I put my phone back in my pocket and heard a stick snap just to my left. Assuming it was one of the squirrels I heard earlier I turned and looked to see a buck about 20 yds to my left coming slowly thru the woods. At first glance I see hes got shooting potential so I turn to the right to get the bow off the hanger. Turn slowly back to the left as hes entering the filter strip of clover. Literally had 30 seconds from the time I saw him until hes in shooting position. Hes at 18 yards broadside and I stop him with a mouth grunt. Everything worked like it was supposed to. He stopped and I shot. Arrow was a complete pass thru and he made a short loop and went south into the woods. He wasn't running hard but I knew the shot looked good. I waited about an hour then went and tracked him down. Went about 90 yards and had a great blood trail.