Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jackalopes 2012 Spypoint Camera Pictures

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

First cam check of the year.. Both of these cams only had a 10 day soak but i was anxious to see what deer Made it..

I'm pretty sure I have identified the Wide8, 7-UP, and Clyde.. I'm iffy on one I think might be tank, the antlers don't look quite right but the body matches. I haven't seen Bud, or the deer I call the Tall8 that I know of.. One of the deer could be the Tall8, but I'm not going to know for a month or so until the antlers develop more.

Here is who I think is Clyde.

Here is some Wooly deer from that same cam.. Strange that he still has a winter coat.

Here is just a god pic of a doe from that cam..

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

The Wide8

Ole goober 7-UP

Looks like ole Goober was breeding.

Here is the one I think could be tank.. I would expect his antlers to be bigger but the body matches.. It could be the Tall8.. Who knows. Time will tell.

Hey there, Whuts dis?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang nice pics Joe. Definitely got some serious growth going on there. I think your correct on Tank TOO. That dude is gonna have some super beam mass. Thanks for sharing those.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Dang nice pics Joe. Definitely got some serious growth going on there. I think your correct on Tank TOO. That dude is gonna have some super beam mass. Thanks for sharing those.

I'm not sure who he is.. I wouldn't think Tanks beams would be curling yet.. I think the body matches Tank. But the horns may be the Tall8.. The wide8 and the Tall8 ran together all last summer. The Wide8 is the other deer in this pic. The more I think about it the signs point to the Tall8. He must have put on some Mass and body size if it's him.. Either way he's going to be a nice one.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks like Tall 8 to me, Joe. That white patch around their left eyes looks really similar. I know that sounds a bit ridiculous, but it's just what my own eyes are telling me. In addition, I don't think that (this year's) deer has enough beam mass to be Tank.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Here is clyde on 6/10 last year

Here is the deer I think is him on 5/26 this year. Smaller body but the cam is higher this year.. That left brow is starting to split. Who knows, It's still really early to tell..

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Looks like Tall 8 to me, Joe. That white patch around their left eyes looks really similar. I know that sounds a bit ridiculous, but it's just what my own eyes are telling me. In addition, I don't think that (this year's) deer has enough beam mass to be Tank.

It would make sense. He's running with his BFF the wide 8. If he puts on mass and becomes a tall 10 he may be on the list.

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Cool pictures Joe, thanks for sharing! Just from the pictures above, I would lean toward the it being the Tall 8, just going by the thickness of the white patch around his left eye, but who knows man!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Thinking the tall 8 on the first one as well, facial features and the way his antlers are growing. If that is Clyde you think he is on his way down? Looking real gant w bones showing!!

I think it's just the camera angle. the cam last year was lower on the tree. That has a tendency to make them look bigger. And the pic this year is about 14 days prior to the one last year. 2 weeks can bring quite a bit of growth. It might not be him. I'll know more with the next cam check in 2 weeks.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Im gonna have to agree with most on the tall 8 vs tank topic. The white around the eyes and facial features match up, and the brows match up where tanks kick out. Def gonna be a STUD of a buck this year with that mass

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
If I could see his ass end i could tell ya in a heartbeat... Fugger doesn't have a tail.. lol