Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Java Joy - The Coffee Thread

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Same here, Black Beard's Delight
That one is growing on me...I get a new bag every 3 weeks, their choice. The Christmas roast was amazing, the vintage roast i thought lacked depth of flavor, but I haven't gotten one I disliked.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I needed a break from Folgers and McDonald's (they were cheap). Looking forward to tomorrow's cup of joe.

20200421_182553.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Blackbeard's Delight will be a new staple in this house. My wife has taken to "coffee" in the last couple of months, which is really just a slurry of coffee and creamer, much like how I started down the rabbit hole. She poked her head in my office earlier and said: "This stuff is WAAAAY better than that other crap you buy." I said it better be for twice the price for half the amount! :ROFLMAO:

I'll probably guzzle Folgers or McDonalds through the week and use BRCC for my weekend coffee.

Bowkills

Nw oh
I don't believe there is a non flavored cup of coffee that I haven't enjoyed....I don't think there has ever been one that I thought was delishous either. 12 cups a day 7months a year 6-8 in the summer.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I don't believe there is a non flavored cup of coffee that I haven't enjoyed....I don't think there has ever been one that I thought was delishous either. 12 cups a day 7months a year 6-8 in the summer.

I drink about the same number of cups per day as you. You owe it to yourself to try this. I have to warn you though, after a week in Kona I got home and the next morning I had a cup of my normal brew.. It was the last cup that I drank for almost a month because it was disgusting. Quite literally took me a month to drink coffee again. I still drink Folgers, but on the weekend it's estate grown private reserve 100% Kona.

https://www.greenwellfarms.com/greenwells-private-reserve/

Reactions: Jamie

Big H

Medina
Blackbeard's Delight will be a new staple in this house. My wife has taken to "coffee" in the last couple of months, which is really just a slurry of coffee and creamer, much like how I started down the rabbit hole. She poked her head in my office earlier and said: "This stuff is WAAAAY better than that other crap you buy." I said it better be for twice the price for half the amount! :ROFLMAO:

I'll probably guzzle Folgers or McDonalds through the week and use BRCC for my weekend coffee.

Hey Jesse, do yourself a favor and get a coffee press. There are a lot of health benefits supposedly through a press.

Blackbeard's Delight is my favorite out of all the BRCC's blends. In fact, my wife stopped the monthly coffee club deliveries because she looked in the cabinet and there were 10 or so bags. LOL

Reactions: Sgt Fury and Jamie

Bowkills

Nw oh
I drink about the same number of cups per day as you. You owe it to yourself to try this. I have to warn you though, after a week in Kona I got home and the next morning I had a cup of my normal brew.. It was the last cup that I drank for almost a month because it was disgusting. Quite literally took me a month to drink coffee again. I still drink Folgers, but on the weekend it's estate grown private reserve 100% Kona.

https://www.greenwellfarms.com/greenwells-private-reserve/
I'm all up for trying any kind of coffee. My sis brought me kona straight from Hawaii (if that's where it's made) on vacation and different types from New York. I must have an awful pallet it all tastes either weak or strong to me. I notice not much difference. I very much dislike holiday spice blends. Beer is the exact thing for me. Abv is taste enjoyment factor. Lite beers all taste like flavored water I couldn't tell much difference from all the brands. Get into the 6percent on up chewy crafts they get better. I have a horrible nose I'm guessing the two go together...

Reactions: Jackalope

Bowkills

Nw oh
I can't smell my coffee. I can tell its kind of bitter or different than hot water taste wise, but my nose is shot. I was extremely nervous that it wouldn't be satisfying but it still is hitting the spot.