Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Java Joy - The Coffee Thread

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Good input JB and Jesse. Im getting turned off by the SS, too light and too bitter as I finish bag 1. AK is good, but not enough time in it. Found myself going back to the Keurig this AM.

Reactions: bowhunter1023

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good input JB and Jesse. Im getting turned off by the SS, too light and too bitter as I finish bag 1. AK is good, but not enough time in it. Found myself going back to the Keurig this AM.
JB is very smooth. The first few cups of BB that I had, it seemed bitter. But the more I drank it the better it seemed to get. It also seems to pair better with butter/MCT for a bulletproof mix.

Reactions: 5Cent

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I've found a real homerun with one tablespoon of honey over a pot of coffee. First cup is sweet, last cup is bitter, that middle cup us money. It's like 3 different cups of coffee and is the best part about my morning

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
At what stage ya adding honey? On top of grounds, when pot is done or in cup, and thats how it fades as refills occur.

I just dip the spoon in the honey, then do a "pour over" move to clean the spoon, then stir. I drink 2/3rds my tumbler and refill twice. It's local honey, so that's bringing a health benefit in, plus it satisfies my insatiable sweet tooth, but without the guilt. 😂

Last edited:

Jamie

Ohio
JB is very smooth. The first few cups of BB that I had, it seemed bitter. But the more I drank it the better it seemed to get. It also seems to pair better with butter/MCT for a bulletproof mix.
this was my experience as well. BB is all we drink now, and I have 5lbs delivered about every 6 weeks. tits. :D I don't care for Blackbeards Delight much at all.

1612214725733.png

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Picked up a bag of Just Black this week, first cup this AM......yep, very good. Going to be hard to use up that SS now lol.

Reactions: "J"

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Next round on its way. I'm a sucker for simple camping/off-grid gadgets and that little single cup maker looks sweet and has good reviews. No electricity or bulkiness needed, just hot aqua.

I didn't touch the SS for 2-3wks., but enjoyed a pot with the wife Saturday morning. It was a nice change actually. I'm a little surprised, which has me thinking I was prolly making it to strong to get it closer to medium lol. I'm looking forward to trying the 2 new ones this week.

Screenshot_20210222-210744_Gmail.jpg

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Next round on its way. I'm a sucker for simple camping/off-grid gadgets and that little single cup maker looks sweet and has good reviews. No electricity or bulkiness needed, just hot aqua.

I didn't touch the SS for 2-3wks., but enjoyed a pot with the wife Saturday morning. It was a nice change actually. I'm a little surprised, which has me thinking I was prolly making it to strong to get it closer to medium lol. I'm looking forward to trying the 2 new ones this week.

View attachment 121651
That's just a rebranded GSI pourover, GSI also makes an insulated lexan (nalgene bottle material) french press in two sizes for camping that I've had for years and use it in my kitchen or camping.

Reactions: 5Cent

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Okay guys i need help.

I normally grind and make a French press every morning and love that cup of coffee. However, I'm leaving earlier in the morning for my new job and don't want to get up to make it.

My wife isn't enjoying the keurig with the refillable cups as much and wants a programmable one so it's ready and she just pours her cup and walks out with the kids in the morning.

I'm willing to switch my BRCC subscription up but i need recommendations for something that makes a GOOD cup of joe. Have looked at ones that grind and make but Amazon reviews are all over the place and i don't want to drop $300 on something with mixed reviews. I will pay for quality that will stand up.

We'd also need 8-10 cups because my mug is a 32oz RTIC and she normally takes a 20oz travel mug.

Help!

Jamie

Ohio
for the money, you'll be hard pressed to beat a Cuisinart for features and the quality of the brew. I've got no complaints about the one I bought that started this thread, which replaced the exact same one that just died after a few years of daily use. I have the DCC-3200, which is a 14 cup capacity, but I seldom make more than 12 cups. I grind coffee for each pot I brew. I don't have time to press coffee when I'm working, so our drip coffee maker gets used about half the time or more.