Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Java Joy - The Coffee Thread

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Like you Jamie I also grind the beans. Every time I'm like this is one of if not the best smell in the world.
660E0116-D420-43B5-BA76-8424FD33A489.jpeg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
We had a krups drip maker that recently died and replaced it with a ninja last week. The Ninja makes the best drip coffee that I've had. You wouldn't think a drip maker vs a drip maker would make a difference. Same process right. Nooe. The Ninja coffee is just way better.
16175445397743133877134290509076.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We have the keurig that makes the cup as well as the pot.... Fits our needs for now, but if it dies I’m looking at the Cuisinart for the next one.... We have a few different cuisinart products and they’ve not let us down at all....

We had a krups drip maker that recently died and replaced it with a ninja last week. The Ninja makes the best drip coffee that I've had. You wouldn't think a drip maker vs a drip maker would make a difference. Same process right. Nooe. The Ninja coffee is just way better. View attachment 124781
Which model is that one Joe? Our old Sunbeam $8 coffee maker got thrown in the trash a few weeks back. Sick and tired of rotten tasting coffee coming out of it. Currently using Folgers tea bag coffee at home and a Keurig at work.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
So I ended up doing WAAAAY too much research. I did find a cool website for high quality brewed coffee. Its the "SCA" Specialty Coffee Association. They geek out on coffee even more than most and have a list of brewers that they certify make the best coffee. Most of the brewers are a bit more expensive than the $25 Mr Coffee at Walmart.

I realized that I needed 10ish cups or more to keep my wife and I both happy with our cups in the morning. That definitely limited my options. I ended up with the Ninja CP307 (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FX73Y7H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) It can do hot or cold brews, coffee, tea, etc. It was a fancier model than I initially wanted and definitely higher priced but compared so some of the ones the SCA certified it wasn't that bad. It also was available on Amazon sooner than the cheaper Ninja model. It can make a small cup through a 40oz carafe and has 5 different styles of brew. It can be programmed and has its own measuring device for the ground along with different filters for coffee vs tea.

Got it friday, bought some deathwish ground coffee to go in it. Yesterday made a pot of cold brew and it was equal to what I've made with my french press, the wife said it was good also. Later in the day made a hot cup and it was good. Last night the wife programmed it and used some "creme brulee" crap. Ugh it was made this morning which was nice but it tasted like shit. I poured mine out and made a new cup. Back to damn good coffee.

I've adjusted my BRCC order to ground coffee and will see where it goes from here.

Stressless

Keene, OH
Great thread! With 30 years in the military Coffee is right there with oxygen in my daily 'needs'.

Everyone knows good coffee isn't always available- I'll always gravitate to the best coffee available. My lowest low was in Ar Ar Saudia Arabia just prior to entering Westen Iraq in spring of 2003. MRE's come with a instant packet of Folgers, well, if pull your lip out and pour it in, sip on your spit like chew its actually close to the worst french press you could possibly imagine. Maybe that catshit coffee mentioned earlier.... lol.

Now its highbrow stuff. Year 6 with the DeLonghi Magnifica. Put various blends thru her found AK-47 a bit bitter.. not robust.

Currently LavAzza Italiano Espresso, this is my afternoon latte, and yes, I raise my little pinkie when I roll this nectar across my palete.

Damn nice step up from drooling folgers... :ROFLMAO:

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Great thread! With 30 years in the military Coffee is right there with oxygen in my daily 'needs'.

Everyone knows good coffee isn't always available- I'll always gravitate to the best coffee available. My lowest low was in Ar Ar Saudia Arabia just prior to entering Westen Iraq in spring of 2003. MRE's come with a instant packet of Folgers, well, if pull your lip out and pour it in, sip on your spit like chew its actually close to the worst french press you could possibly imagine. Maybe that catshit coffee mentioned earlier.... lol.

Now its highbrow stuff. Year 6 with the DeLonghi Magnifica. Put various blends thru her found AK-47 a bit bitter.. not robust.

Currently LavAzza Italiano Espresso, this is my afternoon latte, and yes, I raise my little pinkie when I roll this nectar across my palete.

Damn nice step up from drooling folgers... :ROFLMAO:

Been there done that lol

Reactions: "J"