Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jayco Eagle pop up camper

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Decided to upgrade the family to a pop up camper and get out of the 10x20 cabin tent we had. Picked up a 1999 Jayco Eagle a few weeks ago from of all places FB market place lol. Price was good and it came with a brand new never used replacement for the canvas that is mainly vinyl with only a couple places still canvas located in the bed areas. We took the old canvas off as it had some mildew spots from being put away wet a few times over the years. Only took me and the wife about 3hrs to replace it. Checked the water lines and hot water tank and all is in working condition as well as checked the AC unit, Gas supply to the 3 burner inside/outside stove top, and the fridge. No soft spot floor issues or leaking from the roof or around the AC unit. So far everything is checking out. We are checking into changing out the curtains and getting slip covers for the foam cushions on the couch and benches for the dinette. Maybe even update the flooring with either peel and stick vinyl or go with the same waterproof flooring we did in our bathroom a few years ago. Space is limited on what I can do with the flooring because of the slide out on the dinette. So far we are very pleased with it and plan to do some camping here soon. With the new job I have to work all the holidays so it's going to limit us on where we can camp on those days but I should be able to camp locally on those days anyway lol. I plan on bringing it down to Strouds this fall for the last camping weekend of the year so if anybody needs my old cabin spot it's all yours this year.

Pics to follow.

20180505_203544.jpg

20180505_203522.jpg

20180505_203457.jpg

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Sweet. Sounds like a good pick up. I am sure you guys will enjoy it.
Figured with it's age but still in good shape it would be a good starter anyway. Plus it will be a little more stable so my son will feel a little safer camping again lol. The 10x20 tent flipped with him and all of our camping gear in a storm a couple years ago when he was 11 lol. He hasn't waned to camp again since lol.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
That's fuggin awesome right there. Enjoy. Wish I had one. My stepdad sold his few years back.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Congrats! Looks like a nice find.
Only the 3rd owners. The original owner purchased it brand new and added the additional canvas just before he sold it. The couple we got it from used it for 1 summer and decided to upgrade and put it up for sale. Only issues that needed fixed is the covers for the outside light next to the door and the GFI by the door. Looks like I can pick those up for a couple bucks each online.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Nice! As we age, just getting off the ground goes a long way. If you're like us, we pretty much just sleep in ours and make some meals. Otherwise we are out hiking and stuff.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Nice! As we age, just getting off the ground goes a long way. If you're like us, we pretty much just sleep in ours and make some meals. Otherwise we are out hiking and stuff.
The tent wasn't bad. We had 2 raised queen air mattresses that kept us off the ground. Most of the time when we camp we take the bikes and hike a little or take the boy fishing or hit the swimming holes. Other that me and the wife sit around and relax, cook on the fire pit and enjoy the fire in the evenings. Just a great way to slow down and enjoy life.

Reactions: MoonLab

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That looks like a hell of a camper Adam. If you don't mind me asking what did you give for it?

We paid $2500 for it but ours also came with the replacement canvas. There was a 2002 that was for sale in Shilo but the lady never replied so we thought she sold it and was ignoring us. She contacted me yesterday and said she missed the message and that it was still available. She also dropped the price from $3500 to $2800 but I bet if offered the $2500 she would take it. It was on my FB market where I seen that one as well. I have the ladies contact info if your interested. I couldn't find the lasting for her camper again for some reason. Figure it's buried in there somewhere lol.