Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

JOE BURROW

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Been watching the LSU vs Miami tonight and I like what I see out of Joe! Im thinking LSU fans are gonna be happy with him... GOOD STUFF

He's looking pretty good indeed. Imagine what he could do with an OSU quality offense.

LSU is still full of thugs but the star of the show IMO is the LSU defense. Those boys are eating miamis lunch! I can't quite tell if they are that good or if the Miami O front is just that bad. Lol.

The only reason I wish LSU well is ED Ogwrone. Talk about an American success story and dream come true for that guy. Grew up with one goal, coach LSU football.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
He went 11-24 for 140. And 3-16 on 3rd down. Jury is still out on ole JB. Looks promising but I'll hold off a bit before saying Urban was an Idiot.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
No doubt UM is not an idiot, Im just following a local boy that had a lot of talent and hoping he does well at this level. One thing for sure is JB will be challenged often with the schedule LSU plays. I like the enthusiasm of the Tigers head coach Orgeron, I laughed every time they interviewed him and he would end with "Go Tigers"!! LOL

The Oregon St defense was no where near the Defense that DH will face in the Big Ten, but he still performed well Saturday. DH could possibly be in the running for a Heisman if the Bucks stay on a winning spree and he stays healthy.

Jamie

Ohio
I watched the first half and LSU defense looked very good, but I think Miami offense is just not that good. Burrow looked darn good for his first start as a Tiger. see how he fares against a stingy Auburn defense in a couple weeks.

Reactions: finelyshedded

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The boy played well when he needed to. Two top 10 wins after 3 games, Im excited for him!!
Really like his coach, "Go Tigers"!!!! LOL

I was rooting for him and LSU as well. Good to see our Ohio boy was able to come back from behind and win. As for Joe? Fugg him. Haters gonna hate. He is a Bama man. He doesn't want to see a solid LSU. ;)

Sorry Joe. Had to mess with ya.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Really glad to see his new teammates are starting to play harder for him,respect him and playing more like a unit with him. Didn’t see that the first two games but toward the end of Auburn game he’s gaining some love and admiration from his team as a leader should.

I’ll just say Burrows and Haskins BOTH would have given us a much better chance to win our games against tougher teams last year than Urbans BBF JT cuz they both are just plain better all around QBs. THEY CAN THROW THE ROCK!!! 👍🏻

Reactions: Isaacorps

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I was rooting for him and LSU as well. Good to see our Ohio boy was able to come back from behind and win. As for Joe? Fugg him. Haters gonna hate. He is a Bama man. He doesn't want to see a solid LSU. ;)

Sorry Joe. Had to mess with ya.

Was never a fan of Les's LSU. Bunch of damn thugs. I have been a huge fan of Ogerone from day 1 and wish him the best. A true American success story whose lifelong dream was to coach LSU football. It was LSU v Auburn. I was happy to see either of them lose. Lol.

I told Jesse this on FB yesterday. Honestly I'm less impressed with JB than I was last week. Short screens and dumps in the flat he looks good. Stands good in the pocket, doesn't cut and run, isn't afraid to take a hit. Seems to go through his reads well. He has some accuracy issues on longer passes when coverage gets beat though. There were a lot of missed opportunities in that game on long balls that would have easily put LSU in a very good position. For the most part a QB can put it up and hope his receiver adjusts and makes him look good, but some of those were 6+ yards too far ahead, behind, or off the wrong shoulder. And he's watched too much JT "pump fake jog the opposite way" move after giving the RB the ball. Nobodies falling for that shit, just stop or make it more convincing. Overall i think he has a lot of potential if he can get the accuracy there. Good pick for ole Ogerone.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Joe just keeps getting a little better as the season goes on! Im still impressed with him adapting to an offense that was not designed for him and being a solid leader! No. 5 in the polls is a little to high in my opinion but what the heck LSU has beat 2 top 10 opponents and building momentum. It looks like they really like his presence in Baton Rouge!

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
It will be interesting. I am going to the GA versus LSU game Oct 13th in Baton Rouge. It's the only SEC stadium my step dad hasn't been to so we are going. He is a die hard GA fan so we will be rooting the Dawgs on. I will be internally rooting Joe on. 😂

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
It will be interesting. I am going to the GA versus LSU game Oct 13th in Baton Rouge. It's the only SEC stadium my step dad hasn't been to so we are going. He is a die hard GA fan so we will be rooting the Dawgs on. I will be internally rooting Joe on. 😂
How was the Atmosphere? Had to be electric!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Atmosphere was great. LSU fans were great. Stadium was the loudest thing I have ever witnessed.

There's a reason its also called "deaf valley". Highest recorded DB level was against Bama in 2007 and was measured at 130 DB. 135 DB it where eardrums began to rupture and a harrier jet during takeoff puts out 125 DB. The upcoming LSU v Bama game with them sitting in 4th and Bama in 1st may break that record this year.