Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Just bought a truck....now they're trying to fuck me!

Smawgunner2

Athens County
Ok get this....traded my F150 for a Chevy Colorado at a Chevy dealership. We agreed on the price, signed the purchase agreement and loan and I'm out the door. One week later I get a call from them saying there was an error on the paperwork and I owe 2000.00 in taxes! I basically tell them to fuck off...eat your error. They're threatening not to title and register the vehicle. My thinking is this....I don't own the truck...they do. The financing is through them. I don't owe the taxes on it...THEY do. Change my mind.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
You signed a purchase agreement that should have clearly listed Tax and Title. Check it and see what that line item says. If the math on the final out the door price is right they fucked up and sold the truck for less than they should have, that's their problem. I don't remember the program but I believe they have to be bonded with the BMV as a dealer for tax and title purposes. For reasons just like this. Reach out to the Ohio Auto Dealers Licensing Bureau and talk with them about your rights. 614-752-7636 https://autodealers.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/autodealers/

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
there used to be a farm machinery dealer around here that regularly pulled that trick. Make a deal and call up a week or 2 later and say there was a mistake. I know one guy paid, one guy gave the machine back, and one guy who told them “you win some and you lose some”.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
The issue is they also had you sign a paper that said if there are any issues you agree to corrections. All dealerships do this to protect themselves. Usually it comes into play if financing becomes an issue but covers everything. That’s why they call them stealerships.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
You signed a purchase agreement that should have clearly listed Tax and Title. Check it and see what that line item says. If the math on the final out the door price is right they fucked up and sold the truck for less than they should have, that's their problem. I don't remember the program but I believe they have to be bonded with the BMV as a dealer for tax and title purposes. For reasons just like this. Reach out to the Ohio Auto Dealers Licensing Bureau and talk with them about your rights. 614-752-7636 https://autodealers.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/autodealers/
Good info right there, if they don’t have an answer, try the attorney generals office also....

Last edited:
Reactions: Sgt Fury

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Oh and if the above doesn't work set the ass end of that sucker on some jack stands to get the rear wheels off the ground, put her in drive and run a dozen tanks of gas through it before returning it, early depreciation is a bitch and it doesn't take many miles to knock 2k off the value of a vehicle.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Oh and if the above doesn't work set the ass end of that sucker on some jack stands to get the rear wheels off the ground, put her in drive and run a dozen tanks of gas through it before returning it, early depreciation is a bitch and it doesn't take many miles to knock 2k off the value of a vehicle.
I thought Jesse was supposed to be the bad guy and you were the voice of reason.😂

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
You forgot to mention poop on the hood.
(Under the seat may be better) 😎

Smawgunner2

Athens County
Here is another take on it. When you pay tax on a widget, you're not paying tax to the government, you're paying tax to the store and the government collects the tax from them. If the government sees the widget was sold for $5000.00, they're coming after the store for the taxes, not the customer.

Reactions: hickslawns

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
The difficult variable I see here is your trade-in, that's the wild card. What have they done to your truck? If there weren't the trade in issue, I'd March that f****** Chevy piece of s*** right back to the dealership and tell him to take it back and conclude my business with that dealership. If you keep the truck you're still in a relationship with them, and who wants to be in a relationship with that kind of bunch of assholes?

I'm sitting over here pissed off for you, sorry that you're having to go through this b*******

F****** phone is censoring me, it's going to be a shity day