Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Keyless garage door pad problem

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
For the last year my outside keyless garage door opener has been failing as well as the ability to use the built-in garage door opener in my truck. It started working "hit-n-miss "

months ago and recently all but stopped working. I was ready to replace the pad. Most trouble shooting sites said that was all you could do.

By chance I landed on a single site that said to check the light bulbs. Newer LED bulbs transmit a signal that conflicts with the frequency the opener uses.
Come to think about it as the 2 regular bulbs burned out I had replaced em with those LED bulbs.

I switched the new LED bulbs with the Old fashion style and haven't had a problem in 3 weeks.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
For the last year my outside keyless garage door opener has been failing as well as the ability to use the built-in garage door opener in my truck. It started working "hit-n-miss "

months ago and recently all but stopped working. I was ready to replace the pad. Most trouble shooting sites said that was all you could do.

By chance I landed on a single site that said to check the light bulbs. Newer LED bulbs transmit a signal that conflicts with the frequency the opener uses.
Come to think about it as the 2 regular bulbs burned out I had replaced em with those LED bulbs.

I switched the new LED bulbs with the Old fashion style and haven't had a problem in 3 weeks.
I read something just like this last fall. Fast forward I had a garage door company come in too give ours a service/checkup since it was originally installed when they put the house up.
Asked the tech about it and yes, it is an issue. Not on all garage door opener ls but a lot of them. So if you change your light bulbs, use incandescent ones.