Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kids and politics

giles

Village idiot and local whore
Supporting Member
In a bar
How young is to young to talk to your kids about politics? I can’t answer that question but it was brought up again in the truck last night. My kids are 9-11-13...I was presently surprised what they knew about the most recent elections and we shared views.

School must be teaching or talking about it to some levels, because I don’t like talking about politics. I’m an angry fella and don’t much care what you think is right when it comes to this stuff. So I don’t talk about it. Luckily I’m in a pretty red strong area and we agreed on most things brought up. It also gave me a chance to explain to them the next battle here in Ohio “stand your ground”.

Reason I’m bringing this up is that I believe at least my school is trying to shape these kids to vote a certain way. Might want to check with your kids to see what they’ve been learning, it might not be what you want.

Don’t have kids in school? Holidays are here, I’m sure you’ll bump into one. Strike up a conversation, kids are fun to talk to!

Don’t forget to report back here, I’d be interested to know if it’s just happening in my small farm community.

giles

Village idiot and local whore
Supporting Member
In a bar
I think most teachers/schools are primarily blue and trying to force their commie beliefs on the future of our country. Good education and love for your country and constitution starts at home.
I believe you are 100% correct. But how many Red households don’t know this is happening. Had my 9 year old not said something about the governor, I wouldn’t of. I also know we have some teachers here, it’s be interesting to hear what you have to say too.

"J"

Dustin’s FORMER fishing coach
Supporting Member
Davie County, NC
The majority of teachers are leaning left more then right. Some just don’t want the headache of dealing with the BS and stay neutral or leave their thoughts too themselves and don’t get caught up in the hoopla....

Most teachers are female as well. My DIL is a teacher in SC and leans hard right which I was shocked at first when I met her....

Unfortunately, there are a lot of the more left leaning instructors, who have no problem letting their contempt for the right, spill over into their daily interactions....

Both of my kids and their spouses are gun toting right leaning adults...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio
My experience is limited to our school. Three kids in HS. There is talk but not overly pushy. I think my daughter ( a junior) is my biggest concern. She is conservative but big hearted and open minded. Social media and a broader view of the world is opening her eyes to some things. Nothing horrible. Just a comment here and there which makes me feel narrow minded. lol

That said, I think there are less blue teachers than I originally would have thought. Might just be our school? I don't think so. I believe there are many union occupations with right leaning members anymore. I think people are leaning more middle in those union jobs than what it used to be. They don't all buy into the propaganda their unions are jamming down their throats. Plus, not all teachers are union.