Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kids are the darndest

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Thought this might be a good thread for all the funny moments our kids enrich our lives with.

I'll start out

My youngest watches a lot of the Wild Kratts show which has some strong conservation sentiment as part of it. He was torn up when his brother got his turkey because he was afraid we were going to make them extinct but the next morning is bugging me about accompanying me when i go out when the season opens.

He's also worried that the vendetta against raccoons and ground hogs around the farm will lead to unbalancing nature.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Yesterday with the good weather the kids were out in the woods doing kid things. Last night they were showering and getting ready for bed. The youngest comes down and says he has a bump on his ballsack. Sure enough its a damn tick and i get to use the tick tornado to remove it.

Things i never expected to be doing for $500 Alex

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yesterday with the good weather the kids were out in the woods doing kid things. Last night they were showering and getting ready for bed. The youngest comes down and says he has a bump on his ballsack. Sure enough its a damn tick and i get to use the tick tornado to remove it.

Things i never expected to be doing for $500 Alex
Yep. Had a couple uncomfortable conversations and moments with the kids over the years. Doug- just be thankful your kid was aware of something different and comfortable enough to come to you about it. What happens in a home with no dad? A home with bad parent/child relationship? That tick isn't addressed and creates further issues. Keep.the communication and trust door open for your kids. You're doing good!