Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lake Ontario Fishing Get-Together...

Fletch

*Supporting Member*
Would anyone be interested in getting together in late August for a Lake Ontario King Salmon trip... I know a few on here have boats and I have a boat that I sometimes take up there for salmon... Fish in Aug are closer to shore so theres no need for a big boat... I have a great place to stay that has horseshoe pits and a grill outside and rates are cheap.. Big plus is its a very clean place... Thought it would be a blast to have a fishing week-end with TOO members...

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
What would I need to do to convert my walleye gear to salmon ? I have dipsy rods , but no wire set ups or downriggers ?
I have been wanting to do a salmon trip .

Fletch

*Supporting Member*
What would I need to do to convert my walleye gear to salmon ? I have dipsy rods , but no wire set ups or downriggers ?
I have been wanting to do a salmon trip .
I troll with 2 dipsy rods and 2 downriggers... My downriggers are nothing fancy and are manuel… Gets the job done... Best place to stay in Pulaski New York is The Lucky Dutchmans " Feeder Creek Lodge " very nice and clean rooms and Bill will tell you where the fish are and what the fish are hitting on....

"J"

*Supporting Member*
Columbiana County
My daughters wedding and vacation plans and then tournament schedules prohibits me from attending, but that trip sounds like a ton of fun for a too outing...

JOHNROHIO

Our boat would not be suitable, but I’m sure Levi and I would possibly be interested, if there was enough guys with boats and open spots. My fear of commitment and planning abilities for more than a day out is a struggle.

Fletch

*Supporting Member*
Lets see if any more interest is generated in July... Im sure if the ride wasn't as long more guys would be interested even for a day trip...