Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lake St Clair?

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Anyone ever fish it? It looks like boat access can be a bit of a pain, I've never been there so that's just from reading on the net. I only know a couple of guys that have fished it, and they all loved it for smallies. Just curious if any on you have been there and have any insight to share.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Fished it back in the early 90's and had a great time. We went to a boat launch campground on the Canada side. Had to have 3 different licenses. Had to have a US,Canada, and one for the indian tribe if I remember right. Great smallie lake but you can catch a good northern pike up there as well. Pretty cool lake to fish.

It's been a few years , but I have fished it a number of times

We always went to Michels (spelling ?) Bay

We fished some old boat docks , just the poles there

But the bass and crappie loved it

Many times bass season wasn't in
So we had to always say we were crappie fishing LOL
And we were , but sure enjoyed the bass

And if you take a boat to Canada before bass season is open
Many times we had the live well and coolers checked for bass on the way out

And just a FYI , there is no Right turn on Red
If you have had a fellony charge or drunk driving charge , you may noy get allowed in to Canada

Also before you go
Ask your insurance Company for a Canadan Insurance Card
Not sure if it has changed
But it it used to be , if you didn't have one and got pulled over
You got to spend the night in a cell , till you could contact the insurance Co and get the paperwprk faxed to the police

John

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Thanks for the information fellas!

My mom is a perch fishing nut and is wanting to find ''new water" to fish. Seems they have 'em in St Clair along with all the other species I like to fish. I like the fact that it is fairly close to home too, making weekend trips possible if I ever find the time.