Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

lBucks Love The Thick Stuff...

Fletch

Supporting Member
So I have a friend that is always bitching about seeing deer but very rarely a buck... I keep telling him get in the thick nasty shit... So last 3 weekends I've been going with him to find a good spot... I've kept telling him there's gotta be a spot in there that has some openings... Well about 150 yds in we found such a spot with a suitable tree to hang a stand in (will need some trimming, so I guess I'm going again to put up stand and trim... Will take stand down and put back up late summer... Spot had numerous rubs and couple scrapes... So we hung his cell cam up to see if we got any pics... My phone beeped last night and low and behold he got a pic of a buck shortly after we left... So he's excited for next year...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 127

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
I’m a believer of get in the nastiest shit you can find. Although shots will be limited w a bow but you will be on the X. The is true during hunting hours.

Reactions: Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
I’m a believer of get in the nastiest shit you can find. Although shots will be limited w a bow but you will be on the X. The is true during hunting hours.
Yup... All ya need is one good shot.. Hunting you know who, right here come fall... Tree is picked out and I'll have one and only one 15 yd shot...

Attachments

• PXL_20210125_224639905.jpg
    PXL_20210125_224639905.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 107

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Now is the time to trim and cut some lanes. By fall the lanes will be natural and closing in some from the regrowth looking normal. You have some intel from last year and now have an upper hand on him. Can’t wait to read your quest.

Reactions: Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
Now is the time to trim and cut some lanes. By fall the lanes will be natural and closing in some from the regrowth looking normal. You have some intel from last year and now have an upper hand on him. Can’t wait to read your quest.
Tree I picked appears to have one good shot on trail... But as soon as this 30 inches of snow melts I'll go in and cut one branch I think will be in the way... Will be prepped before green up... Also hoping that thick shit knocks his horns off as he's in there I had pics of him last week...