Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Let’s talk E BIKES!

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
So now I’m gonna be retired, and now that I’m getting up in age, I don’t have that big drive to hump miles back anymore. Our refuge this year just allowed E Bikes. This not only includes the atv trails but and maintained cut walking trails.
So I’m looking for info on E Bikes to maybe purchase one. Not looking for an 8k E Bike. Carry on fellas

Stressless

Keene, OH
Been riding one for five years now, Retired to part time 2017 ;) Mountain to Sea E Bikes, regular MX i.e., brake pads, chain etc.. odometer reads 1,783 miles and still the same battery. Busted the derailer on a rock - not the bikes fault - M2S sends parts out fast. You may want to get a pull behind trailer for some chores/tasks/hunts. the Crawler from Hawk is a great piece of gear for that. Doesn't flip like two wheeled carts when you cross a log at an angle.

If you can put your butt on one and give it feel that's always best - like buying a fishing kayak, if you know bikes much you'll know which is solid and ready for you to take it home. Best of luck.

20210422_101936.jpg

Reactions: OO2

Smawgunner2

Athens County
I’m fairly interested in one. So how cumbersome is It to carry a bow while riding? How does that work? And what is the steepest angle of hill you can ascend reasonably? Do you find yourself doing more peddling than using electricity? I’m thinking I don’t want to pedal at all 😆….eliminate the chain, derailer etc….just give me 2 wheels that’s electric powered.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm in the club now. 100% legit code and deal, with free shipping. Got a bike with bow holder and back rack for the price of a mid-level mountain bike sat our local bike shop. I've been contemplating a bike purchase for exercise and even though it only has one gear, that's kind of a good thing if I ride it for exercise. This will be a sweet addition for huting the farm!

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Funny this came up today. Talked to a guy yesterday that was on a “young” said he loved it better than his Rambo. Said his Rambo battery went dead and a new one cost 1500$….wow. Another guy today, ran into him last year while duck hunting. He was at the parking lot when I came out this morning at 10. He’s 78, and he rides some off name, don’t know the wattage but it’s a 3 wheel one with one in the front and wide stance in the rear. He will talk your head off. It was just an hour talking w him and I finally said “man you better go hunt, I’m holding you up” 😂. He’s been hunting the area of the state before it was public so of course I was asking history stuff and picking his brain. I’m wanting to pull the trigger but just can’t justify it in my head. Someone convince me.

also I seen a local guy post on Facebook about how they are all overpriced and the parts to build one is much cheaper and that he’d help anyone build one. I will inform y’all if I go that route. A couple things if I get one that are must haves. Fenders, shocks on both ends and a comfortable seat, and a cart along with puncture proof tires. We have a shit ton of honey locust trees.

My intentions of buying one is to never pedal, wtf would I buy something motorized and pedal that bitch unless the battery dies.

Bob- mine worked for a mile and then the motor started chugging an display went blank. Tried it an hour later- worked fine for 5 min. Tried it later in the day and it worked for 2 min then motor chug and screen went dead. Charger shows full, tried it again and nothing.

Found a knock off battery with more AH (3oo vs the 650-700 for the same rambo one). This is a gen 1 or gen 2 bike with an original battery.

Have heard others say building is cheapest but their bikes always look like theyre a mess. I would suggest an off brand, treat it more disposably. Looked at the ohio guy above....but for that money i will buy a used quad an cheap ebike.

I have a great candy apple green mongoose, a montana scabbard, racks etc, if anyone wants to buy it and build their own.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I have this one:

I can't say it's worse, as good, or better than those mentioned. I can say that I really like it and it gets my fat ass around to remote spots.

Attachments

• IMG_4134.jpg
    IMG_4134.jpg
    605.1 KB · Views: 51
  • 71596600120__F1AB1136-13CF-4E28-A8A8-D57AE53CE4D0.jpg
    71596600120__F1AB1136-13CF-4E28-A8A8-D57AE53CE4D0.jpg
    525.1 KB · Views: 55

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
What's wild is just how many options there are now. I was in Best Buy today and they're even selling Ebikes in there!!
Yes and they getting cheaper. The first gens are still expensive tho. From what I found out they all using the same components. Other than that some offer accessories that others don’t.

Forgot to mention, the guy I spoke to that said he’s battery went dead, he said he used to keep it on the charger and now only plugs in when it’s needed. He made some modifications for his Rambo cart to fit the “other” e bike. I will pull the trigger before Turkey season most likely. Maybe catch a deal on last years model.