Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Life Lessons.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
What are some things growing up doesn't prepare you for.

The sheer volume of PB blaster and carburetor / break cleaner I would go through. When I was younger a spray can would last year's. Now I'm considering buying it by the gallon.

How much milk kids actually drink. I always wondered why parents were always buying milk when mine sat in the refrigerator and expired. This is an insane volume of milk.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
No one ever warned me I would one day wake up next to a naked 60 year old woman
She’d probably say the same about you 😂😂😂

Ibuprofen, never took it much when I was younger. Most of the time if I needed it I’d have too go out and get some. Not anymore, bottle of 250 200mg on the window seal in the kitchen….. Not far from it, 800mg script of it….

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
She’d probably say the same about you 😂😂😂

Ibuprofen, never took it much when I was younger. Most of the time if I needed it I’d have too go out and get some. Not anymore, bottle of 250 200mg on the window seal in the kitchen….. Not far from it, 800mg script of it….
We use so much I am thinking about getting a gum ball machine to keep it in

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
I have leaned most people want 2 things from you, your money or possessions, and your time and talents, when they need them.

never thought I would use a chapstick up before losing it.

Never knew how much toilet paper a family could go through.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Adulting, while still being a kid at heart. :ROFLMAO:

Oh that's easy, it's just called consequences. something I always try to ask my kids when they're in trouble and everything has calmed down is "was it worth it". I mean yeah you got in trouble but you knew that could happen, looking back was it worth it? Sometimes it is. As an adult, we make the same decisions all the time. Risk vs reward. Sure made me proud the first time I went into Sterling's room when he was in trouble for sneaking candy and asked "was it worth it" he looked up real slow with a little grin and shook his head yes. I just smiled and said ok.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Corrupt government congress

'Locstep' national lying media machine

Stolen elections

Umpteen different gender identities/labels

Trannies that demand to read questionable books to kindergarteners in public settings/schools/libraries

State run indoctrination camps/schools

False Flags

Fauci

Pandemic

CV19

Lost borders

I'm not gonna go any further because I think you good folks can get the picture.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I was taught as a child that if you're a good person and live your life with a code, having honor an just be a decent person, everything would be ok. Life would work out.

As an older adult, I see now that's not how it works at all.
------------------------------------------------------------------
You can do everything your supposed to do when rasing children. Everything. Yet they will still fuck up.