Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live Black Bear Cam...

Fletch

Supporting Member
A friend sent me this link.... Shows a bear that decided to den under someone's deck... This is in Eastern Pa. just across the Delaware River from me... Bears sleeping under decks is the norm in the area... Many never even know they are there and walk over them every day... What does usually give them away is if it's a sow that has cubs, then residents hear the cubs whimpering... Looks like this one chewed on the floor joists a little...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Yup.... Happens quite often as it's an easy place for them to get under and get nice and cozy... Some of these sows have collars with radios... The game commission uses helicopters to locate these collared sows to tag cubs in March... More often then not they are pinpointed under a deck...

Reactions: Bighoun52

Fletch

Supporting Member
Is this public information? Be kinda cool to follow the trackers.

Here's a publication directly from the Pa. Game Commission... It talks a little bit about tagging bears and also features this current bear cam... As I said early bears denning under people's decks are quite common in the Poconos.... This article even mentions another bear they had a cam on in 2019 that was under a person's deck... Again happens more often than not as the resident of the home never knew the bear went under, nor does he know when it left...

As for public information... Other than educational articles no you cannot just go on a bear tagging excursion... Why??? You may ask... Mainly for insurance reasons... Secondly it could turn into a real cluster F... They try to not disturb the area too much... Luckily I know someone and have been invited along...

Fletch

Supporting Member
I think I would just let it roll. Even put some straw down for him (or her) for next winter.
I hear ya.... I'd love to have a bear under my deck, esp. with cubs... Only problem is, I don't have a deck, it's a concrete patio...

Reactions: GoetsTalon

Fletch

Supporting Member
I would not invite a 300 pound raccoon to my house. NOPE!

See that destruction of property? Bear stew, bear fajitas, bear cabobs
Oh... They could do damage.... The biggest problem I see is if the home owner had a dog... The dog smells Yogi and goes under the deck... End result could be a dead dog... Happened here in Jersey a few years ago...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Not a chance! 🚫 I'm with @giles on this one! Meat in the freezer. 👍
The potential for damage to my property and/or my person with an animal of that size, is unimaginable. 🙄

If it had a radio collar, I'd take it for a walk to the nearest river and let it float away. :sneaky:
Aw come on.... So Super Bowl Sunday your out on the deck grilling up some nice steaks, what would it take to throw an extra one on for Yogi?? :ROFLMAO:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Damn J that's funny... Although @Dannmann801 is planning on coming out in the fall to hunt bears, he sees this movie he might change his mind....
It’s a movie based on an actual event. But with a ton of Hollywood interpretation…. The bear OD’d and is on display somewhere in Kentucky….

Fletch

Supporting Member
It’s a movie based on an actual event. But with a ton of Hollywood interpretation…. The bear OD’d and is on display somewhere in Kentucky….
Anything is possible when dealing with wild animals...A bear gets a wild hair up his ass and your in deep shit... Was that bear shot or did he die from the drugs???