Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Idaho

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Sorry, internet access is difficult here.

We got on some elk yesterday and this morning but it didnt work out. The last two evenings have been uneventful. The weather is getting bad. Its supposed to rain the rest of the week. 😕

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
What a day!!! Yesterday wewere on elk all morning. That evening my friends wife shot a 5 x 5. He came in fast and pissed. It was awesome and just like youd see on TV. We packed him out 2.5 miles this morning. Getting rdy to head out for an evening hunt.

Tomorrow is my last day.

So far this has been the best elk hunting trip ive ever been on.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Last nights hunt was a lot of fun. A storm was brewing with 40 mph winds. Regardless we heard one bugle but that set didnt work out either.

As i was getting ready to leave i noticed a mule deer buck feeding behind some pines abot 40 yards away. I tried to sneak a bit closer, but he looked up and saw me. Whitetails book in situations like this, but mulies tend to be less cautious. After a few minutes he started walking towards me and bedded, looking at me, 28 yards away. I didnt have tome for this, barely moved, and he busted outta there; Close but no cigar.

This morning it was 36 and raining hard so we slept in. Its snowing again, we are gonna butcher my friends wife elk, and im pretty sure we arent going out tonight.

Its been a great trip, but it looks like the elk have won again. 🙃

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Ended up going one more time. We got on another bull but pushed him off tje mountain.

Im back home in PA now. Its gonna be a long year waiting for september 2018
Im anning on going back next yeat but this time im going for two weeks.

joejoe8

Sounds like a great trip!! The weather was tough in Idaho this past week for sure. Every time we found elk it would snow that night. The next day the wind would blow 40+ with no visibility. We moved our camp three times because so much snow. Still it was a awesome week of hunting elk.

teej89

NE PA
I had a whammy of a week too in MT, 20 degrees and a foot of snow for the first 4 outta 7 days then we dropped 3000ft in elevationt o 6k and were surrounded by bulls. Called in a brute of a 6x6 to my buddy at 30yds but he got busted trying to pivot and draw... that was the last hour of the last day lol oh well, next year!