Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Local Election help

Stressless

Keene, OH
This is for folks that may be or thinking of running for local office.

I've put together campaigns for the Mrs (County elected office) and a couple other folks, county level efforts not state or national.

I work in Information Operations / Intel - campaigning is just an extension of those principles.

2010- ran against an incumbent, lost by less then 2%

2014- ran against 3 others for open seat won 67% to 33%

2018- ran against a union funded grab for the $356M County budget won by 2%- the other two incumbents lost to the union backed candidates.

2022- running again...

If you would like to talk about the 5 W's of a local campaign,
- flyers
- donations
- signage
- etc

I would happy to help. OBTW this is free and no obligation, just me reaching out with this experience to try and help.

WpCtA1GE_400x400.jpg

Stressless

Keene, OH
Love #4 Joe.....

As for timing, whenever you get to the new state, join the optimist club, local republican club etc, get into a couple of their offices or two. President, secretary etc..to do good community work but also to establish your bonifides. One of the things the ppl that pull local strings look for is established commitment to the usual 503(b)'s not the "Johnny come latey's" that join after announcing a candidacy.

Last edited:

Stressless

Keene, OH
Tomorrow is the Primary Election day for her race, as a non-partisan office it's over tomorrow 50% plus 1 vote 🤞. Been busy with I/O stuff on social Media and work TDY to the Peoples Republic of Massachusetts. 41 precincts, creating the brand/meta data for all the signs big and small, Election Guide Ads, On line ads in 5 local papers, website, Social Media, roughly 20,000 very very targeted direct mailers to households in the county.

I'm so ready to go recoup at the farm for a week or two, get the place ready for a fall hunt, work in the dirt, sow some seeds, pray for rain and get away from the Right and Left political fringes!

Stressless

Keene, OH
FL School board is for the entire county, 146K Regestred voters, $400M budget - largest budget in the county. Absolutely smooshed the opposition that was endorsed and backed by the county Republican Executive Committee(REC) ... which was taken over by very fringe right wing (this from me a lifelong conservative) The opponent was backed with funding and endorsed by the REC, so we not only beat her opponent but beat the county republican (albeit broken) machine. Beat it like a rented mule.

Capture(1).JPG