Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Looking for a good vacuum sealer

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Time to pull the trigger, looking to buy a good vacuum sealer to put stuff up in the freezer. Couple years ago I was looking at a vac master 215. They no longer make them or the name changed. Without researching for hours, I’m asking everyone if they have any knowledge in this area to lead me in the right direction.
I’m not looking for a Walmart model or ones along that line. I’m a buy once, cry once kind of person. Thanks in advance

Jamie

Ohio
I bought the Cabela's deluxe 15" stainless steel sealer back in 2005. I have sealed thousands of bags with it. still pulls as good of a seal today as the day I took it out of the box, and the seal strip is 1/4" wide. best $400 I ever spent. I think these are all made my Weston, and you can buy replacement parts for them. motors, seal strips, etc. but the only thing I've ever replaced was the metal seal strip and the teflon tape that covers it. the only better way to seal bags is with a chamber vacuum sealer, and some of those have become affordable and might be worth looking into as well.