Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lyme Disease and kids

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Keep an eye on your kiddos. My 12 year old daughter just showed us a "rash" near her armpit last night. I knew immediately it was either Lyme Disease or ringworm. After a trip to Express Care this morning, she tested positive for Lyme. She was at a friend's house about two weeks ago and playing in some pines. Couple days later she pulled a tick off, but didn't tell us until last night. Now she is on two weeks of antibiotics and then a follow up.

First our dog and now our daughter.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Cotty also sorry to hear, good thing is you caught it early and got her on antibiotics.... I came home from Illinois last night to find 4 of them bastards embedded in my back... Got a doctor's appt tomorrow to get some antibiotics...

Reactions: finelyshedded
Glad to hear that you caught it early. That is the key because if you get the antibiotics early then there isn't any issues. I have had it twice in the last few years and my youngest daughter had it once. Seems like anymore that most ticks carry it. As a matter of fact I know my Mom pulled a tick off last year and her Doctor put her on the antibiotics as a precaution. Said it is so common that they don't wait for any symptoms to appear.

Reactions: Big_Holla

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
a few weeks ago i got bit down in kentucky couldnt of been on very long, i started feeling like shit this week never thought much of it till i remebered that the lady at the resturant said there had been 10 cases of rocky mountain fever down there this year. im going to the doctors today as soon as they open up. fever, whole body hurts, headaches, chills only thing i dont have is the rash.

Reactions: Big_Holla