Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mathews switchback

Bowkills

Nw oh
Solid bow with string with some life left in it. 1/2 dozen arrows 28in draw 70lb. 175$
image.jpeg

Reactions: Big_Holla

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Sold pending a little info. Do you know what year? Is there a limb sticker that you can post a pic of? Let me know where to send funds.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
One of the best ever made. You shoot that thing a bit and you’ll part with the Strother. Not as fast but it won’t jerk into full draw either. Love em!

Reactions: bowhunter1023

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
One of the best ever made. You shoot that thing a bit and you’ll part with the Strother. Not as fast but it won’t jerk into full draw either. Love em!

I was looking for one for a backup bow before going to Arizona. A lot of guys that shot them still shoot them. I know you and jesse are big fans of them.

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I was looking for one for a backup bow before going to Arizona. A lot of guys that shot them still shoot them. I know you and jessee are big fans of them.
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard people say “I wish I never sold mine”. They were great bows 15 years ago and still are.

Reactions: bowhunter1023

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I practiced with the most preseason shooting in my life this year and was dialed. Had a chip shot doe and wiffed. I've shot my last 4 bucks from the ground with the crossbow I told myself why fight it sell it......if I hunt with a bow again it will be for a bucket list recurve deer.

No shame in that at all. We owe it to the animals. I've been thru this in my head before. Shooting like a champ. Screw up in the stand. Last year had some elbow issues and got out the xbow. If I am shooting at a deer, I want to kill that deer.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia

I did just that. The Strother was fun to shoot, but it was no Switchback. Mine is a 2007 model and still gets the job done. I'll never sell it no matter what I may buy in the future. In a sport where very few agree on best brand, a strong majority of bow junkies will agree the Switchback was one of the best bows ever made and as a Mathews fanboy, I can attest to that!