Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Maybe my biggest doe ever

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Monday afternoon I had a doe stop in front of me at maybe 20 yards. I knew she was big and I hesitated for a second before shooting because I thought maybe she was a shed buck. She was quartering to me so I aimed just in front of her right shoulder and fired. She ran about 20-30 yards and dropped along a logging road(so J didn't have to drag her out of the hollow for me). I saw the size of her head as I walked over and still was worried I screwed up. No pedicles, no daddy parts, just a big doe.

For quite a few years I have weighed most of my deer and mature does field dress consistently at 105-107 lbs. I have often been amazed how consistent their weights are. I have rarely weighed a 110 dressed doe. This one went 125. If I ever killed a bigger one it was before I regularly weighed them.

And yes the scale was zeroed with the plywood on it.

So even though I didn't get a buck this year I'm pretty happy the way thing turned out. I might get this hide tanned, never had one done.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Congrats Sam! That is a monster doe!!! Our farm record is 135. Got One on here shot one that was near 200 a couple seasons ago. It was amazing how big she was. I think he said DNR estimate was 12 years old...

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Well Done Sam!

Get the hide done TOO. I have a 17 and 18 year old deer hides that go across the old leather chairs in the living room. I never tire of looking at them and enjoying the hunts.