Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Meat Eater

giles

Village idiot and local whore
Supporting Member
In a bar
I really like that he’s grasping the real hunting of Alaska. It isn’t the Stark County of the world. I feel most shows give it a false name and almost unrealistic expectations.

A great thing about it, you work for every little bit. The land doesn’t give you anything for free. It shows you in its own way who’s in charge and it sure as hell isnt your tiny little spec on this earth.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Love it. I've been waiting patiently for the new season and now I shall binge!!!

I noticed during the show opening it says "Netflix Original Series..." That's bullshit, right? Meateater has been around for years and just became available on Netflix like a year ago. So how are they claiming it's their original?

Chass

The Hills
Yeah steve is under a media umbrella now so I'm sure they're controlling some stuff. This season seemed extremely rushed. Short episodes and not very many of em. Earlier seasons some hunts were 2 or 3 long episodes.

Lucky

Sunbury
I really like that he’s grasping the real hunting of Alaska. It isn’t the Stark County of the world. I feel most shows give it a false name and almost unrealistic expectations.

A great thing about it, you work for every little bit. The land doesn’t give you anything for free. It shows you in its own way who’s in charge and it sure as hell isnt your tiny little spec on this earth.
So true....on my last season there. Most guys got there moose or caribou. 2\3 got dall sheep that hunted them. Our hunts were 7 or 10 days and nobody taged out rite away. .Some were last couple to last days. But saw plenty of hunters going home without game, but still happy bout memories. Its Definatly not easy as it seems. Caribou is closest to a sure thing . Also like Giles said... You realize more than youve ever realized how small and insignificant you are when your in the bush or on a mt range glassing 4 sheep. Best place on earth...in my opinion, and Daves too im sure