Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Meat on the ground

So i got drawn for the coosawattee wma qouta hunt down here in ga this year. Nov 1-3. Got settled in around 1200 yesterday in the pouring rain with my savage 220 in hand. Stopped raining around 1630 and my hopes of getting a deer began to rise. Was rather slow till about 1730 when i scan to my right through the binos and see an ear flicker. Stood up and free handed a shot on a big doe that wasnt the best. She ran about 40 yards from me and stopped where i was able to put a slug in the cranial vault. Button head just stood there so he held the next one. Long drag out but it wasn't brutal. Took them to the check station and the dnr guys weighed, aged, and tagged them. Not a bad way to spend a thursday afternoon. Love getting to shoot some meat and not really diminish the population around my house.Thank you lord for the food for my family. Going after bone tomorrow.
fSFXsu6z-43387516.jpg
kVscDpei-43380280.jpg
KYXZ5Oqc-43373454.jpg

Bowkills

Nw oh
Awsome that sounds like alot of fun.....I didn't totally look at where and I was going to say damn that looks like Georgia pines......thought u were in soh.....haha either way cool freezer filling fun!!!!!