Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Meet Juanita

Jamie

Ohio
Nancy works pretty hard and was semi-good this year, but is a terrible housekeeper. only person in our house less inclined to clean it than her is me. Santa brought us Juanita to assist with cleaning duties. She's in charge of the upstairs floors. After doing two-a-days for the first few days, learning her way around the place, our floors have not been cleaner since they were new 15 years ago. She works much more quietly than I expected, about 1/2 the noise of an upright vacuum cleaner and returns to her room and rests up between shifts all by herself. She's plenty energetic enough to do the entire job without a break, and after a three hour nap is ready to go again. Wi-fi connected, so we can prompt Juanita to go to work from wherever we are, although she is on a regular schedule already that suits our needs. I had my doubts, but this is a winner. Good job, Santa. (y) We are very pleased with Juanita. so happy, in fact, that we are going to hire her sister, Carlita to be in charge of cleaning the floors downstairs as soon as the holidays are over.

Juanita.jpg

Atticus is quite fond of Juanita, too. she entertains him while she works. Lefty has attacked her twice, Slick avoids her like the plague (he might be a little bit of a closet racist). everyone is adjusting, though.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
😂😂😂

We too employ the cleaners from south of our southern boarder..... Wife talked me into it. Glad she did....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Ha! Very nice. Glad to hear you like it, we've been considering an Esmerelda ourselves.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Lol, well written Jamie.

They were a topic of discussion at my in laws this year. My BIL and my wife's aunt both have one and they said they were impressed too. Cousin came into conversation and said yep, we just got one too. We swept the entire house 2x thinking it wouldn't get much. Said they had to dump it 1/2 way thru its first cycle lol. They have two police K9's and said the hair it picked up was amazing.

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
We have a small mix breed and a shepherd and before the shepherd the hair wasn’t bad, the shepherd added an amazing amount of hair daily too the house. The rumba is scheded daily and I use our dyson every other day doing the furniture. Much more manageable this way. But the rumba is full after its run each time doing the living room and dining room.
We’re very pleased with it after a month of using it. Wife found a Black Friday deal at kohl’s that made it very easy too make the decision.

Reactions: 5Cent

Jamie

Ohio
And Then There Were Two

Carlita arrived on schedule, but spent an entire week in limbo because neither of us had time to unpack her and show her to her quarters. Now settled into her new place, Carlita has been working overtime on the downstairs floors to get caught up. She is younger, smarter, better equipped, sexier and works harder than Juanita. So far, so good.

for those of you considering a robotic vacuum, there is a considerable difference between the 800 and 900 series. they are essentially the same in form, but the big difference is the navigation system and the power. Juanita meanders aimlessly around the floor for 90 minutes, Carlita actually cleans in patterns, and has a power boost feature that increases the suction when on carpet as compared to hard floors. Carlita is twice as loud on carpet as on a hard floor, and switches back and forth automatically while working. both are wi-fi connected, have the same air filter, corner brush and collection bin. definitely getting a better machine for the money with the 900 series.

I got Juanita (model 891) on Bed, Bath and Beyond.com on sale back in October for $324 tmd, Carlita (model 985) from Costco.com for $524 tmd. Carlita does seem to have more of everything where it really counts. It is quite amusing to see Nancy's cleaning minions come to life at 2:00pm sharp everyday and go to work. clean floor everyday with no real effort on my part is pretty nice, too. next big test is time, but this has already been a better investment than I thought it would be. time is precious commodity. I prefer wasting mine missing easy shots at deer and cleaning squirrels. ;)

Carlita.JPG
Juanita.jpg