Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Metzger/Findlay Reservoir Rumor?

The walleye fishing in the Lima Metzger reservoir is horrible, if not non-existant. Recently, I have heard rumors that the ODNR seined most of the walleyes out of Metzger and transported them to the Findlay reservoir. I intend to ask a ODNR official, as soon as I see one.

Has anyone heard or know of this being true? :smiley_confused_vra

Thank you, Bowhunter57

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I guess I would ask why would they and then think about the time and effort too do it..... Kinda seems like a BS ruumor..... But hey stranger things have happened :smiley_clap:

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I am with "J" on this one. It would be more cost effective and easier just to haul the fish from there grow facilities.

Beentown

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I heard the Walleye fishing was awesome this year up on Findlay, but I didn't hear anything about them taking them from Metzger. I personally wouldn't believe it is true, but never know I guess.

I talked with a GW at our county fair, this evening asked him about fish removal. He said that there were some fish removed in 1976, but it hasn't happened since. He said that it is more cost effective to use the 5 fish hatcheries for "seed" to get new reservoirs going with good fish populations.

He was well aware of the rumors about fish removal and said that every time one of their boats are out there netting fish, people claim that they're removing/relocating fish. What they're doing is fish counting or counting of species. It was good to hear that things are being managed well. :)

Bowhunter57