Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

My son shot the crossbow

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
He's 10 and he wanted to try it, so we went out early this am and shot some arrows. He was particularly proud of this shot (20 yards). He's pretty damn good for a first timer! We'll keep practicing and then we'll see about getting him an apprentice license for this year. I'm freaking excited for him!

Attachments

• 100_1145.JPG
    100_1145.JPG
    255 KB · Views: 206

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That's awesome right there. Keep on practicing and getting the motions down but looks like he can aim rather well already lol. Looks like a hunting buddy for the ground blind this year.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
VERY, VERY COOL MIKE!!! You will enjoy hunting with him more than you enjoy it for yourself. Especially when you witness his first deer.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is great Mike! Best part about it is the fact HE wanted to shoot it. Always nice to encourage them. Always better when you don't feel like you are pushing it onto them!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
It's official, he has his apprentice license and a deer tag. Oh yeah, he's 9, not 10. :smiley_depressive:
He shot again last night and will continue to do so until I am confident he is ready.

Last edited:

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
It's official, he has his apprentice licensee and a deer tag. Oh yeah, he's 9, not 10. :smiley_depressive:
He shot again last night and will continue to do so until I am confident he is ready.

Thats awesome, congratulations and good luck to both of you!!