Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

N.J. 2018 Bear Season.....

Fletch

Supporting Member
Well so far bear season in Jersey is still on for "Private Land Only",,, Denture Man has closed the bear hunt on all N.J. owned land such as state forest's, WMA's etc... So where does that leave me??? I've got 2 pieces of private property to hunt in another bear zone in Northern N.J. Ones 25 acres and the other is approx. 60 acres... Type of woods is entirely different though as these are in farming areas with houses mixed in... Doesn't compare with the vast area of thousands of mountainous area I normally hunt... But good thing is I'll not be faced with getting a huge bear out from 2 miles back in... I'll have access to a quad on both these pieces... Might go put out some cameras and donuts out this week-end... Hopefully entice a bear that's moving through the area to stick around till mid-Oct... Am I looking forward to it??? NOPE... My heart will be in the big wood's where Bozo lives, gonna miss playing games with him... I'll post pic's if and when I get them...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Well I know for sure it won't be this guy.... He'll probably die of old age with Denture Man in office....

Attachments

• bear 3.jpg
    bear 3.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 250
Reactions: Mike

Fletch

Supporting Member
Thanks J.... Won't be the same....But I'm getting out in the wood's.... Maybe just maybe the courts will overturn the current EO ruling and we can hunt everywhere... But not holding my breath.....

Fletch

Supporting Member
Thanks guys... Gotta play the cards your dealt... Going to Walmart later to get 2 cheap trail cameras... It's amazing how fast cams grow legs in a small woods here in Jersey... Old spot no one ventures in that deep, so they usully don't get stolen...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Well bear permits went on sale Monday, so I went and bought 2 tags today... Why 2 ??? The bear season is broken up into several zones and a permit is needed for the zone you are hunting... The 2 pieces of private property I can hunt are in different zones... Thus 2 tag's... Only cost $2 a piece... This Sat. I'm going to go walk the properties and put out 2 cameras... See what happens....

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Well bear permits went on sale Monday, so I went and bought 2 tags today... Why 2 ??? The bear season is broken up into several zones and a permit is needed for the zone you are hunting... The 2 pieces of private property I can hunt are in different zones... Thus 2 tag's... Only cost $2 a piece... This Sat. I'm going to go walk the properties and put out 2 cameras... See what happens....
Good luck!

Reactions: Fletch

Fletch

Supporting Member
Went yesterday to check out the two pieces of private property I can hunt... First stop at the bigger piece was a bust... Thick is all I can say, needs a good fire... Second stop which is smaller didn't get me TOO excited, but I had a big bag of donuts and corn in the truck and a new Primos camera I wanted to try out... So I dumped the bait and set up two cameras on it... When I got home I googled the prop and after looking at it got a little more excited as the woods is bigger than I thought.. It does back right up to Rte. 80 though and I'm not going to like hearing trucks going by all day, as I'm a big woods guy that likes to get lost in them and get away from the rat race.... Going back next Sat. to check cameras...

Reactions: Boarhead

Fletch

Supporting Member
I hope our friends at USSA are on the job and getting up your governor's ass with some legal action.
That would be nice... But with the early segment of the season less than a month away, I think its TOO late to get that ball rolling... Unless theres something happening behind the scene that we don't know about...