Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

New Kayak

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Screenshot_20210327-233833_Chrome.jpg

Should be here by next weekend. Ready to hit some water this summer.

Ascend 12T Sit-On-Top Kayak​

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Same one I have, but they've tweaked it a little since releasing it. Good buy brother! Damn stable and plenty comfortable.
Most of our small resiviours are no motor and the bank access isn't as good as it use to be and I stopped fishing because of it. I've been wanting a canoe or kayak for several years and finally decided to get one. Glad to hear it's stable from someone I know and trust. Might have to do a TOO kayak outing 🤣😂

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Congrats. My friend bought one of those a few weeks ago. I just got a Old Town PDL Predator to use in the back bays this coming summer for clamming and flounder.
Old Town makes some great boats but I couldn't find one that fit my needs and my wallet lol. Backwaters should be a good time for you guys. Can't wait to see some pics of the catches.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Cabela's lied. Kayak was supposed to be here by today. Still in progress Wednesday so I knew it wouldn't be here today so I called customer service. Was told it was scheduled for 4/2-4/4. Checked Thursday and still in progress so I used the chat. Was told the same dates. Told them if it was not on a truck I wanted it canceled and I would just go to the Columbus store and get it. Was told it couldn't be canceled because the system wouldn't let them. Checked again today and it's still in progress. Jumped on chat again. Was told the distribution center was behind because of the spring fishing sale going on. Told them I was told it was to be delivered between 4/2-4/4. She wouldn't give me an updated date of delivery and again told me I couldn't cancel my order. I have to wait until it gets here and I can return it or refuse delivery.

I think it's BS you can't cancel an order that hasn't been packaged or put on a truck yet. I asked who had the authority to cancel it and was told "nobody" lol. Pretty pissed at this point to be lied to so many times and they are holding my money in limbo for who knows how long. I figure at least another week before it gets shipped and another week for funds to be returned to my card. Such BS. This will be the last time I order from them. If it's not in store I won't buy it.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Cabela's lied. Kayak was supposed to be here by today. Still in progress Wednesday so I knew it wouldn't be here today so I called customer service. Was told it was scheduled for 4/2-4/4. Checked Thursday and still in progress so I used the chat. Was told the same dates. Told them if it was not on a truck I wanted it canceled and I would just go to the Columbus store and get it. Was told it couldn't be canceled because the system wouldn't let them. Checked again today and it's still in progress. Jumped on chat again. Was told the distribution center was behind because of the spring fishing sale going on. Told them I was told it was to be delivered between 4/2-4/4. She wouldn't give me an updated date of delivery and again told me I couldn't cancel my order. I have to wait until it gets here and I can return it or refuse delivery.

I think it's BS you can't cancel an order that hasn't been packaged or put on a truck yet. I asked who had the authority to cancel it and was told "nobody" lol. Pretty pissed at this point to be lied to so many times and they are holding my money in limbo for who knows how long. I figure at least another week before it gets shipped and another week for funds to be returned to my card. Such BS. This will be the last time I order from them. If it's not in store I won't buy it.
When my buddy bought one just like yours about six weeks ago, he was told it was the last one in stock. After we picked it up, I went online looking for one for myself and no cabelas or bass pro had it in stock in any store within a four hour drive. Bastards took your money knowing they were severely under stocked.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
They did the same to us on our Traeger smoker. It was being shipped to our closest store on the boarder of NC/SC from West Virginia Wheeling store. Took 2 weeks for them too get it. Told them if I’d of known that when I ordered it I’d of just went to the wheeling store picked it up as I was up there for a few days...

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
They did the same to us on our Traeger smoker. It was being shipped to our closest store on the boarder of NC/SC from West Virginia Wheeling store. Took 2 weeks for them too get it. Told them if I’d of known that when I ordered it I’d of just went to the wheeling store picked it up as I was up there for a few days...
I couldn't get them to tell me where it was even being shipped from nor what carrier it was being shipped with. Today they told me my distribution center but I still don't know where that is. Ordered it while standing in the Dundee store where they had a few on display but didn't want to drive 2.5hrs with it hanging out of the wife's Edge lol. She went to order hers the next day but found it was limited supply so it wouldn't let her order online. Ended up at the Columbus store and drove 45-50 minutes home with her kayak hanging out last Sunday. Luckily we got most of the way home with heat blasting because the hatch was open in 36°weather before it started raining lol. No way we would have gotten both home from Dundee let alone from the Columbus store at the same time or I would have never ordered mine to begin with. Damn Edge doesn't have a roof rack and I wasn't about to spend $300 to get the system to haul them home from up there. Thought I was doing the right thing but now I'm regretting ordering mine. Lesson learned and I'll never do it again.

I'll drive to Columbus this weekend and buy one and refuse delivery when they finally decide to ship it. Fuck them assholes and their shipping.

Reactions: Sgt Fury and "J"

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Long story short. I couldn't find any at the local stores. Closest I could find one was Ottawa, Canada lol. They also bumped the price up $130 more then I paid for it.

Guess I wait for the fuggers to ship it. It's at least showing shipped now but it's not actually on a truck until tomorrow. Still not happy.

Damn Edge doesn't have a roof rack and I wasn't about to spend $300 to get the system to haul them home from up there.
Sorry to hear about your troubles with Cabelas. It's certainly not the same store since BPS bought them. :rolleyes:

Pool noodles and cinch straps are the key to transporting kayaks. (y) Having a roof rail system is nice, but if you don't have it, I've improvised.
Note: Where ever the cinch straps touch the vehicle, put a piece of pool noodle between the strap and the painted surface. The wind vibration of the strap will mar the paint. Also, always put a few twists in the straps, as it keeps the wind from catching them as bad as a flat strap and they won't vibrate as bad. ;)
In this photo, I'm using rachet straps, but you have to be careful to not over tighten them and cause the kayak to deform from the tension. That's why cinch straps are better, hold just as good and are easier to unfasten too. :cool:
Civic kayak 1.jpg

Reactions: cspot

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Sorry to hear about your troubles with Cabelas. It's certainly not the same store since BPS bought them. :rolleyes:

Pool noodles and cinch straps are the key to transporting kayaks. (y) Having a roof rail system is nice, but if you don't have it, I've improvised.
Note: Where ever the cinch straps touch the vehicle, put a piece of pool noodle between the strap and the painted surface. The wind vibration of the strap will mar the paint. Also, always put a few twists in the straps, as it keeps the wind from catching them as bad as a flat strap and they won't vibrate as bad. ;)
In this photo, I'm using rachet straps, but you have to be careful to not over tighten them and cause the kayak to deform from the tension. That's why cinch straps are better, hold just as good and are easier to unfasten too. :cool:
View attachment 188944
Nice setup.

I bought a truck so I solved my issue with hauling them for now 🤣

Reactions: Bowhunter57