Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Nikon Monarch Binoculars

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
20161103_164849_001.jpg

I purchased this pair of Nikon Monarch Binoculars back in 2009 specifically for deer bow hunting.

About a month ago while going through all my hunting gear I happen to notice that those binoculars had a blurry spot within the right eye. No matter how much I tried to clean and/or, try to focus them, I couldn't get a perfect focus no matter what.

So I got online, straight to Nikon's website, read about their warranties regarding binoculars. I did recall when I bought them at the time, I did register them on their site.for the warranty.

Then I went ahead and called Nikon's Customer Service 1-800 # and explain my situation to a CS Rep. She looked up my model & serial number. She then explained to me what Nikon can do. She asked that I ship them with the provided service order number she gave me. She also mentioned that it could possibly take up to 10 weeks for either the repair or replacement. So I shipped them about four weeks ago.

Well, just a few moments ago, my unexpected arrival or our UPS man stopped and gave me a small package and guess what???

YES!!!

I now own these and I can't tell you just how thrilled I am right now!

This new pair of Nikon Monarch 8x42 list for 979.95. I think I paid back in 2009 for mine somewhere around $400.00.

20180814_151416[1].jpg

I am one HAPPY CAMPER right now and that's putting it mildly!

Nikon Monarch 8x42 Link: https://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/nikon-products/binoculars/monarch-hg-8x42.html

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
That's good shit. I done the same things except it was the lens covers for front. They mailed me new ones for front and back and extras just in case I would lose it or crack

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
A few minutes ago, I went to Nikon's website and did some more reading. I can happily report with you Nikon owners that their are several other folks that had very similar experiences.

Most all of them posted 5 star positive reviews with excellent comments. You can bet that I'll be putting up one of my own here soon. I've never had any kind of bad experience dealing with them over the years, no matter what other products I owned.

Now I need to get rid of the brand new smell off of them, ugh!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have a pair doing something similar. They will focus but it isn't as sharp as they once were. I'm going to try to get thru the season .

Reactions: MoonLab

Cmlynch19

Nikon’s warranty is top notch. I got mine in 2006 as an anniversary present. had them a week and left them up on the roof of my car. Long story short a very unhappy wife went to a spot I thought they might have fell off (I remembered hearing a thump but didn’t pay any attention at the time). She found the lens cover, part of the rubber case and the neck strap, The rest was unrecoverable. I mailed it in and they sent me a new pair all I had to do was pay shipping.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Freaking awesome man. I'm a big fan of Nikon glass for the quality vs price. This just gives me one more reason.

Reactions: Wildlife

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I went out and started target practicing with my bow.

While doing so, one of my dogs started chewing on my Nikon ProStaff 550 Rangefinder that I placed on the ground to mark my yardage while I was shooting.

Obviously Nikon makes a doggy chew proof rangefinder too :LOL:
20180827_195618-1.jpg

Yep, I yelled at’em for taking my rangefinder…

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Had a lab years ago that’d do the same.... Stubborn ass dog that chewed everything.... Ate a swing set one summer....

Oh-my,,,, goodness!! I had a few labs and yes, there wasn't a thing on this planet I think they haven't swallowed at least once in their lifetime :ROFLMAO: