Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Northern MI

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
After a very rocky start to a few days off for hunting, I am happily settled in a tree in the north woods. The original plan was to solo hunt public land in southern Ohio, but a leaking fuel line and lack of repair shops made me turn around and head towards home. My dad was planning on hunting up norf since he already filled his OH buck tag and asked me if I wanted to go up with him, and who was I to say no to sharing camp with just my dad for the first time in 10+ years. We stopped and got my license and tags on the way up and after a handful of hours we were at our site and got camp setup. I got up early and essentially am hunting blind going off of what he told me and looking at the map. A lot of the oaks got killed up here by some type of moth, and I am in one that didn’t get hit so I am hoping for some type of action, fingers crossed. Service is reasonable up here so I am hoping to keep this thread updated.
B86DE664-1CFB-4B7C-A107-7AA59D9470AD.jpeg
6AC7A907-AB76-4238-9031-A1D8668FBEF9.jpeg

Bowkills

Nw oh
U p or south of the bridge?? How much did you spend in tags? Id pack my stuff and move tomorrow if my better half would agree. Good luck!

Reactions: NAC1989

Floki

That’s awesome enjoy it savor every minute of it!
I’d give my left nut to be able to hunt with my dad for just one more day.😁

Best of luck to both of ya!! Take a lot of pics! You’ll thank me one day!👊

TinyTucky

The Flatlands
Did a little post hunt scouting, got down earlier than I really wanted, but between a fella bumble fugging through looking for a buck he shot last night (recovered, see pics) and just not feeling it in that spot I was in. Did some scouting and found some really fresh sign, rubs every 5-10 yards and what appears to be a pretty fresh scrape along the edge of a marshy swamp. Gonna do some more perusing with pops in a bit, but I think I know where I’m gonna sit this evening. What’s crazy to me is all of the oaks that survived don’t have a single acorn under them or on them. No caps or anything.
4C291793-BE35-4E4E-9A44-49F2534EC3A2.jpeg
2A8668CA-3267-4E61-8CE8-F50E1C7CB2A0.jpeg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Soak up the time with your dad. Some of us don't have that option anymore. You will NOT regret the time spent with him.

I'm impressed already. You aren't afraid to load gear and hunt wherever you find yourself. There is a lot to be said about that and plenty you are learning by doing so. Your woodsman abilities are being honed every hunt. I like it!