Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Nuggent joins mathews pro staff

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
To his credit, he has pimped Martin, Oneida, Excalibur; simultaneously for years. Gail Martin just passed away two weeks ago. I wouldn't doubt a bit that Ted pimped Martin not only because they are great bows, but because he and Gail were personal friends. Same with Oneida

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
It's all about business. Look whose trail cams Lee & Tiff are touting these days. Then again, maybe they finally realized the cudde's are crap, or, maybe cudde thinks Lee sounds like a girl when he talks and they wanted another voice.... its a toss up.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Nugent is polarizing but must be pretty popular for Mathews to bring him on. Gotta remember ol' man Martin died and the company is for sale. Probably no $ left for the Tedster.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I like Ted. He is entertaining. I just don't think he is much more than entertainment. He is on TV for the money. No doubt. It is Jerry McGuire "Show me the money" all the way. I think he is a great ambassador for the sport, but unfortunately he is also a big negative image for the sport. I just watched him unload several magazines fully automatic on Pigman the Series. I think he killed one hog with that magazine. How can you unload an entire magazine into a running pack of 6 hogs and only kill one? Well, I don't have an answer for that one but he has figured out how to get paid to have a lot of fun. I never shot pigs from a helicopter before. lmao